Anyone else sick of washing pooey pants?

(9 Posts)
DIYandEatCake Sun 30-Jun-13 22:16:17

All the best for the new arrival! Hope the poo situation sorts itself out soon. We've finally had a poo in the potty - I think what helped dd get the idea was taking her away from somewhere she loves early (the beach) as she pooed her pants after refusing the potty. I was like 'oh dear, what a shame, we haven't got any clean pants, got to go home now then'. She went nuts and I felt a bit mean but it seems to have helped. have also been showing her the dirty pants and saying what a shame Thomas got pooed on - yes we have Thomas the tank engine pants - and saying that I'm grumpy at having to wash them again. I know you're not supposed to be negative but she was happily saying 'no poo potty, no poo toilet, dd poo knickers. mummy wipe bottom and clean knickers on' 2 year olds grrrr! I'm not going to assume we've cracked it though, she's held on and not pooed at all today, will see what happens tomorrow...!

Shelster84 Sun 30-Jun-13 20:51:00

Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not alone. None of my friends seem to have this problem with their DC. They only did it in their pants a couple of times before they got it so was wandering what I was doing wrong. Its very frustrating. Was getting very cross with him but that approach wasn't working so now I'm staying calm and trying not to make a big deal of it. Not making much difference so far. He did it in his pull up this morning and pants this evening. Due to give birth to Ds2 next week which I'm anxious about so this is just contributing to my anxiety. :-(

rushingrachel Sun 30-Jun-13 17:46:10

Oh me too. My DS is super good with wee on the potty but will hang on tenaciously to poo until we are not watching. Today we had the pants and trousers off certain he wouldn't be above to evade us as we knew we were on high poo alert. But no. Somehow he managed to poo in three spots in the garden. The flies alerted us. It's grim. Like you I just keep going because the message has been "you're a big boy, you don't wear nappies" so to put a nappy on would be defeat for us both. But it's tempting!

Smudge588 Sun 30-Jun-13 12:48:46

glad to know I'm not alone! my DS has been wee trained since easter but will just not poo in the potty. I know he can because he has a couple of times but it seems he just does it in his pants. I'm finding it very frustrating and difficult to deal with.

Hang in there! I have had two like this! They do just suddenly 'get' it and gradually start going on the toilet for no apparent reason after all that resistance at the beginning confused I didn't use reward charts and they still came to the conclusion that the toilet was the best place for it!
The thing that kept me sane was allowing myself to just throw away all pooey pants (we had LOTS of spares grin) as I would a nappy.

ExhaustTed Sat 29-Jun-13 22:03:25

We did the big toy he wanted for the poos. I said once they had cracked it (2 brothers, same problem 2 years apart, both got the wees quite quickly but poos took longer), i think i said one week with clean pants then they could choose their toy.
in the meantime, dirty pants that were too hideous, I.e. squashed poo on a day out, would end up in the nappy bin

omama Sat 29-Jun-13 21:39:55

Yup am with you too! DS 2.10 has also been wee trained for about a month but WILL NOT poo on the potty & does it in his pants every time. Every time we say 'never mind, maybe next time we can do it on the potty' but it just aint happening.

We used jelly babies as rewards for potty, which worked for wee but its not enough motivation for poo. I recently posted about it & was told this is quite common with boys & it can sometimes take quite a few weeks for them to 'get it' so you may just need to hang in there a while longer.

We've actually decided to try something else as from tomorrow. There's a toy he really, really wants, so we've got a reward chart & are going to tell him he gets a sticker for each poo on the potty & once he gets so many stickers (5 or 10 - not decided yet) he will get this particular toy. Just hoping it gets the ball rolling! If it works I'll let you know.

Hopefully in the meantime, someone else will be along with some ideas.

DIYandEatCake Tue 25-Jun-13 22:53:55

No advice as we have a similar problem but I am totally with you on being sick of washing pooey pants. My dd is great with wees but has l

Shelster84 Tue 25-Jun-13 19:40:00

Ds 2.9 has been wee trained and in pants for nearly a month now but he's just not getting it with the Poos.
When naked he successfully poos in the potty but as soon as in pants he just does it in them without saying anything or announcing it after he's done it. So frustrating. We always make a massive fuss and reward him when he gets it in the potty but doesn't seem to make much difference. The last few days he's been going upto 4 times a day in his pants. I'm 38wks preg and finding it exhausting. Any advice welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now