WWYD back to pull ups at night or not?

(3 Posts)
Fresh01 Thu 20-Jun-13 21:16:25

Thanks for the reply. Still can't decide what to do as she isn't keen on pull ups again.

monikar Mon 17-Jun-13 10:38:25

The night-time control comes with maturity - they will do it when they are ready, I don't think you can hurry it along. A lot of children wet at night at this age and well beyond - you can buy pull-ups for age 15 if I remember correctly.

If I were you, I would go back to pull-ups for a bit. I would much rather change a nappy than change a bed.

Fresh01 Sun 16-Jun-13 20:14:08

Trying to decide what to do with DD2. She is 5.5 years old and has never been dry at night for more than a couple nights in a row.

Main problem is she is a very deep sleeper and even if she wets the bed she doesn't wake up (at least half the time).

So for the last 5 weeks we have taken away pull ups at night and encouraged/bribed/tried everything. She has managed one stretch of 5 nights and one of 3 nights but generally is still wetting the bed at least 3/4 times a week. The stretches mean she can do it but there is no rhyme or reason as to when she wets.

Given this should we lay off it for a bit and go back to pull ups or grit my teeth and keep going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now