Should i carry on?

(2 Posts)
shellandkai Sun 16-Jun-13 09:52:50

I thought it was relatively easy to potty train my son but he preferred to use a proper toilet than a potty. He was pretty much the same until we went to a friends for the day an I asked if he would like to wear big pants or a nappy, he said big boy pants and I explained if he wears them he must tell me if he needs a wee as of he wees in his pants I will be very upset.

That day no accidents at all and asked again that night what he would prefer to wear he said "big boy pants" again I explained no matter how dark it is he needs to let me know if he needs a wee next morning he woke up and was dry.

What I'm trying to point out is maybe try him with the toilet instead of a potty, and let him decide if he wants to be a big boy or not I found it so much easier than trying to get him
To go on the potty. My ds is 3 in September and because of this strategy has been out of nappies for 4 months now and still doing very well grin

cedar12 Sun 16-Jun-13 09:14:02

Hi
Tried to potty train ds in April. He did pretty well after a couple of days but then got ill so we went back nappies. As he was not using the potty at all when ill.
Started again on Thursday, he is 2 years 8 months now. He doesn't seem to be picking it up so well this time. I have explain what the potty is for but have been quite relaxed about it all. I havent been telling him to sit on the potty loads as he just says no. He as probably been managing to using the potty about 30-40% of the timee. Only uses it when he is in the same room other just wees on the floor.
I do sit him on it if we are out and about.
Is he ready or should i leave it again?
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now