What age to potty train?

(3 Posts)
snowchick1977 Mon 22-Apr-13 16:05:39

Hi

Ds is 21 months. He has been telling me for 2 months when he has had a poo and for the past 2 weeks he is telling me before he has a poo.

Do I need a potty or can I go straight to using the toilet?

He takes great interest in the loo and can pretend to wipe his bits and flush it.

I think he would be ok but I'm totally new to all of this.

Thanks x

WaynettaSlobsLover Mon 22-Apr-13 16:08:37

Sounds like he's ready to me. My ds was done by the age of two and went from the potty to the toilet gradually. My friends ds never used the potty, just the toilet. Introduce him to both and see which one he gravitates towards.

HSmithy Mon 22-Apr-13 17:04:05

My daughter is two and a half and iv only just started potty training. When she had her development check at two years old the health visitor told me not to try until she was two and a half. She always had a potty around the house and knew what it was for but never used it. She now is dry in the day ( apart from the rare odd accident) however she has only been potty training for a week so indont think shes done too bad. Every child is different and there is no harm in giving it ago, it depends on how u feel. I wish u all the luck for your potty training!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now