HELP me, dtd1 just will not take the initiative to poo on the potty or the loo

(5 Posts)
tartiflette Thu 11-Apr-13 15:50:39

Thanks both of you. Bribery it is then!
I will just give the bribe to the other twin too - couple of chocolate buttons aren't going to hurt anyone or I'd be long gone by now

Fresh01 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:03:27

Sorry badly written! When the 10 cars had gone he had the habit to go himself. He will also only go if he gets left alone in the bathroom!

Forester Thu 11-Apr-13 13:06:46

My DD got two chocolate buttons for having a poo in the potty and then once she'd mastered that she got them for having a poo on the toilet. She will do anything for chocolate! Complicates it a bit though that you have twins ....

Fresh01 Thu 11-Apr-13 13:02:49

We had this trouble with DC3 ended up working out most likely time to poo (just after lunch) and made it a routine that after lunch he got to watch Fireman Sam on you tube on my laptop whilst sitting on toilet. He wasn't sitting on the toilet long enough to relax and go. Worked in less than a week. Also each time he did one In The toilet he got a 50p car from Tescos. Had 10 of those when they were got he just went.

tartiflette Wed 10-Apr-13 18:38:17

She is fine if I catch her just in time and plonk her on. And she does her wees on either with no fuss and only the occasional accident now.

But poos, nope.

We did potty training back in Oct/Nov (can't actually remember) so surely this should have resolved itself by now?

Her twin is managing fine so it can't be a simple case of me having done it all wrong hmm <breathes>

What can I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now