lack of patience (in both of us!)

(4 Posts)
thedicewoman Fri 29-Mar-13 13:59:35

we are on day 7 of potty training and it's mostly going really well, however my DD (2.8) just doesn't have the patience to sit when a wee doesn't immediately come. so even when I know she must need to go (e.g. it's been 2 hours since a big drink) she just won't sit. As a result she's having lots of little accidents doing wees in her pants, but doesn't really seem bothered by this.

It makes it quite difficult when we're out and about as we're just constantly up and down at the potty. I'm finding that I'm getting really impatient with her which obviously does not help!

However she does also go unprompted so I do think that she is ready in the main, should I just be letting her have accidents and get used to how it feels? at the moment it doesn't really feel like she's "trained" as such as a trip out anywhere still feels quite stressful. I should add that she is also playing me quite well, saying that she needs a wee just to get me to react which I'm obviously trying not to do... any advice would be great!

thedicewoman Sat 30-Mar-13 19:56:22

bump

RandomMess Sat 30-Mar-13 19:57:36

I'd leave her to it, put her in leggings and pants to help soak the accidents and back off.

Nevercan Sat 30-Mar-13 20:59:11

Try getting her to look at a book which might keep her sitting there long enough to do a good wee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now