3.5 year old wetting bed at night again.

(4 Posts)
isitcocktailhouryet Wed 27-Mar-13 09:46:45

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and was just after some advice if possible.
My DS is 3.5 years old and was potty trained last summer, got it straight away dry and clean after about 10 days, he was really great. Then at night he was also dry for a long time. Since then we have had periods every few weeks where he is dry for weeks at a time but then wets the bed for nights in a row. Recently he has been dry for 6 weeks and I thought great all sorted! However, we were away for the weekend 2 weeks ago and since then he has wet the bed every night. I have been putting him back in pull ups but they don't work and he is still wet as well as the bed and sheets.

So my question is should I put him back in nappies or leave him in pants? Also why would be he dry for weeks at a time and then wet the bed? He has his last drink of water at supper time at about 5.30pm and goes to the toilet right before bed. During the day he is clean and dry with no accidents at all.

Any help/advice would be great! Thank you.

isitcocktailhouryet Wed 27-Mar-13 17:54:47

Anyone?

isitcocktailhouryet Wed 27-Mar-13 17:54:51

Anyone?

julesjam Wed 27-Mar-13 22:57:16

Bumping and marking place as I'm having similar issues with DD2 who's just turned 3 and is wetting the bed at night more frequently despite having been out of nappies night and day for a while now.

Like you OP I'm not sure whether to try and go back to pull ups at night (she doesn't seem keen) or if I'm just being lazy and need to ride it out until she gets the hang of dry nights again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now