Travel potties!

(8 Posts)
ZolaBuddleia Mon 04-Feb-13 11:39:00

Anyone used this?

The ones with liners look fiddly and difficult to get sorted in a hurry.

lorisparkle Mon 04-Feb-13 16:43:42

I haven't but with the pottette - the one with liners- you can attach more than one liner at a time and at least you can get rid of the bag in any bin wherever you are. We have 3 DS and have used the potette at the beach for more than one child. It can be fiddly to get the legs up and down but we also used it as a toilet seat. We also have it in the back of the car and have used the bags as emergency sick bags for ds1. It is probably one of my most useful buys.

CashmereHoodlum Mon 04-Feb-13 16:57:08

We had the potette, but after we got it there was a new model that you could use as a loo seat, which would have been quite useful. We didn't find the bags fiddly, but after we had used up the initial supply we used cheap bin bags and cheap sanitary towels which worked very well. It is a great size to keep in the car.

MsPickle Mon 04-Feb-13 17:02:28

We've the pottete plus that's also a loo seat and have used it loads, in the car, on beaches, central London parks, on the Embankment etc. wouldn't have been without it, not least as it made ds confident that he wouldn't have to wait too long. Also meant he has somewhere clean to put his hands. He uses it less now as he's more confident balancing but we still have it with us. One of the best 'gizmos' we've had, despite me thinking it might have been a 5 minute wonder.

jujumum78 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:05:57

I find it just as easy to take a basic potty in a bag, with a few plastic nappy bags and wet wipes. DS has got too many other toys to carry to be interested with a carry case pottete!

ZolaBuddleia Mon 04-Feb-13 20:57:46

Thanks. Have just spotted that the potette can be bought with a reusable inner, so it's like a normal potty. Why do you need an absorbent pad in the bag, surely it's watertight?

MsPickle Tue 05-Feb-13 08:47:49

Yes it's watertight as it's a plastic bag but it's the difference between having to get rid of a water balloon of wee or something more like a nappy and I know which I'd rather chance carrying! Re carrying it, we live in London and I used the buggy as little as possible once ds walked, the pottete fits in my backpack, potty didn't.

ZolaBuddleia Tue 05-Feb-13 11:39:09

Ah yes, I can see what you mean about a plastic bag full of wee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now