Is this normal? Never potty trained a girl before.

(6 Posts)
Themobstersknife Tue 29-Jan-13 21:06:25

I think its quite common for girls to dribble a bit. DD2 did this a little. You need to get her to lean forward whilst she is weeing to empty her bladder properly. Or she might not be quite ready.

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 29-Jan-13 21:02:27

Older children do make it harder. Bed mats sounds a good idea. I bought a special little mat designed for car seats but the bed mat is probably cheaper (wish I had thought of that).

Could you also take a potty in the car and put your DD on it a couple of times when you are out?

NickNacks Tue 29-Jan-13 19:12:58

Sorry just read that back and it sounds like I'm being arsey!

I'm not and thank you for your help smile

NickNacks Tue 29-Jan-13 19:10:06

I might have to improvise and use some of those pampers bed mats for the car seat then. I have two older children who obviously need taking to school and clubs so don't have a choice about leaving the house.

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 29-Jan-13 18:35:02

I think it will be best to wait until you have at least 3 days without long journeys. Switching between knickers and nappy could be confusing.

I toilet trained DD1 at a similar age, started on a Saturday with no plans to go anywhere for the entire weekend.

NickNacks Tue 29-Jan-13 18:26:35

Dd is 2 and 5 months, excellent speech and able to recognise when she needs poo so thought we'd give potty training a go today.

So all morning she stayed dry and had two wees in the potty. At lunchtime we had to go in the car for 45 mins so I put a nappy on her.

When we got back i changed her into knickers but she just dribbled/leaked constantly. Changed several times as obviously uncomfortable but no full on accidents. In the end she cried and wanted her nappy back on so I did.

Is this a sign her muscles aren't strong enough yet? Shall I try again or leave it for now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now