Can I potty train a toddler who will only wee once a day??

(3 Posts)
bettyspaghetti33 Tue 25-Dec-12 16:18:53

So we're on day 4 of potty training after DD (25 months) declared she wanted to sit on the potty and spontaneously did a nice wee in it on day 1. The trouble is she seems to be saving herself up for her nappy at night time as every morning it is full to bursting point of wee and she will literally only go once a day in the afternoon, sometimes on the potty sometimes not. My concern is she is just not going often enough for the idea of using the potty to really sink in. Would you stick at it or wait a few weeks? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

FrustratedSycamoreSnowflake Tue 25-Dec-12 16:26:41

I think the trick might be to get her to wee more than once a day, ply her with drinks so she has no option but to wee more.

Starting early in the morning I plied dd with enough fruitshoot goes straight through them to sink a ship, there's only so long they can hold it in for, and gives them more attempts at getting it right.
I also remove the nappy, or fold some tissue in it so she feels wet, before it is full.

bettyspaghetti33 Tue 25-Dec-12 20:27:16

Thanks for your reply. I'll definitely go for topping her up with more fluid, the tissue idea sounds worthy of a try too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now