Weeing fine, what do we do about poos?

(12 Posts)
Arcadia Fri 16-Nov-12 20:33:07

Some progress here today! All wees in the toilet and one tiny poo (no larger than a malteser!) in the toilet which she squeezed out due to promise of ice cream; doesn't seem quite right for her to be trying so hard, I feel a bit bad.
Any progress elsewhere?

Arcadia Thu 15-Nov-12 21:35:25

familyfun that is exactly like mine! she stands in the corner to do her poos, and tends to go a bit quiet.
v discouraged today. DD came home from nursery with no less than six little bags with soiled garments inside. DP collects from nursery and seemed to gather that she did one poo on the loo but several accidents including wees as well, disaster! Her poor nursery worker! it was horrible sorting them out and washing them, yuk.
hoping for a better day tomorrow, don't want to make her anxious but am becoming a bit obsessed with it myself!

familyfun Thu 15-Nov-12 14:54:40

main problem seems to be dd wants to stand to poo, she has for a while gone and stood in a corner to poo, ive tried potty in corner but she moved it back, as she starts to poo she stands and then i try to sit her down and she cries, its such a shame.

recall Thu 15-Nov-12 14:06:09

its more scary to poo in yer pants surely

recall Thu 15-Nov-12 14:05:44

us too - scared to poo in the potty - poos in pants sad

familyfun Thu 15-Nov-12 14:02:51

dd hadnt been for 2 days so i bribed her with a choc button, she said she wanted a poo but refused to sit on the potty, so i got the button and showed her then sat next to her and she finally did her poo on the potty smile

dd is using the toilet for wees and toilets at playgroup no problem, but asks for potty for poo.

sunnysunnyshine Thu 15-Nov-12 08:33:22

Same here! Ds didn't do a poo yesterday and were out at soft play this morn....dreading the potential mess!!

Arcadia Thu 15-Nov-12 08:31:03

QTPie I sympathise with the poo in the bath, that is not fun to clear up!

Arcadia Thu 15-Nov-12 08:30:03

Glad to hear from others! so we sent her off to nursery yesterday in pants and she didn't poo all day. Nothing this morning either, though this morning the poor thing sat on the toilet twice trying to do a poo as I have offered her chocolate buttons if she does! maybe I shouldn't have said that!
She has just gone to nursery so we'll see how it goes, after this we have three days at home so I hope she does one today at nursery otherwise it will be a whopper tomorrow, and we'll be out and about!

QTPie Wed 14-Nov-12 20:30:22

I am also in the same boat.... Yesterday evening was a poo in the pants, then two poos in the bath (bath having been cleaned aft the first poo!). Today was poo in his nappy at nap time sad

He is fantastic at wees (on a potette on the toilet), but really fights poos. sad

Looking at this thread with interest.

familyfun Wed 14-Nov-12 14:58:22

im in the same boat, dd2 has been in pants almost 2 weeks and is fine with wees but is now holding poos in 2 days and pooing her pants, not nice. she seems scared of pooing in the potty although has done it before.

Arcadia Tue 13-Nov-12 16:33:08

Have started DD properly in pants today after months of warming up to it. she is brilliant with her wees but has yet to do a poo on the toilet. she pooed herself when we were out today and it was not pleasant to clear up! she does poos at random times of day, often after lunch, and doesn't go every day, but no real pattern so we can't be prepared. she has her little seat and step for the toilet and has never used a potty (don't actually know where it is, but prefer her using the toilet anyway!). what shall I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now