Time for pants or pullups?

(6 Posts)
TheBlackPanther Sun 11-Nov-12 20:34:52

my DD is 28 months and i have finally got her to use the potty for poo`s and wee`s but that is without anything on her bottom half.
what next? should i use pull ups or pants?
and any tips on taking DD out somewhere without nappies for first time?
any suggestions welcome.

Autumnmumm Sun 11-Nov-12 20:41:51

I used pull ups when out and about. Pants and potty at home.

QTPie Sun 11-Nov-12 21:22:26

We went cold turkey (straight to pants), but expecting and being prepared for accidents. My theory is that he will learn more from an accident in pants than an accident in pull-ups.

DS has had two accidents out (one wee and one small poo - contained), in two weeks, we survived smile

I have changed to contents of my nappy bag, now have: one potette, a packet of flushable cleaning wipes (to clean potette if needed), a packet of baby wipes (for cleaning a stubborn bottom if toilet roll won't work), nappy disposal bags, carrier bags (for putting soiled clothes in), change of clothes (including two pairs of pants and a pair of socks), a couple of pull up pants for absolute emergencies. Chocolate for rewards. Hand wipes/sanitizer.

QT

QTPie Sun 11-Nov-12 21:22:54

DS is 2 years 9 months

TheBlackPanther Tue 13-Nov-12 17:28:25

great thanks for the tips smile

QTPie wow you sound like a well organised person lol!

familyfun Wed 14-Nov-12 14:52:54

im on wk 2 of potty training dd2 (2) and i tried bare in house, pullups for school run bit it confused her and she weed the pullups, so ive gone straight to pants/trousers when out and she is doing fine. i put and opened out nappy in her buggy/car seat/high chair and tell her its padding not a nappy, so far so good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now