Dd won't poo in potty/toilet

(6 Posts)
trixie123 Sat 27-Oct-12 21:30:02

DS has been training for about 4-5months (He's 3.3) He's about 90% there with wees but just won't poo except in his pants or night-time pull ups. He knows exactly what needs to happen, he knows where poo goes, just won't do it. Am hoping for one of these "he just did it" days! No advice, sorry, just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Fresh01 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:06:23

DS is the same after 6 weeks. Unfortunately he is waiting and doing it in his pants, twice a day : ( Had 2 in the toilet and one of those was after 45 mins of sitting watching programmes on the laptop. Have tried everything I can think of but nothing is working at the moment apart from a lot of deep breaths from me!

5madthings Mon 15-Oct-12 15:27:29

oh yes they know their own mind! reusables are a good idea, esp if its just one solid poo a day, easy to tip down the loo and wash the nappy! good luck, sorry i couldnt be more help but i do think its just one of those things and you cant force the issue. you do realise now yo have bought a reausable nappy she will probably decide to poo on the potty tomorrow grin

Harperseventy Mon 15-Oct-12 15:07:42

Thank you for your advice, I feel that it may be something I have to wait for her to want to do. She was the same with weeing in the potty- not interested then one day asked to go on potty. She knows her own mind. Just changed to reusables so at least I'm not having to buy nappies! grin

5madthings Sun 14-Oct-12 15:41:43

two of mine have done this! with ds2 i tried EVERYTHING! nothing worked and the one day he just did it and that was it no looking back!

so when ds4 was the same i was fairly relaxed about it, and again one day he just did it and was fine, it did take ages tho.

i think its fairly common tbh you could try putting a nappy on the potty for her to sit on? it didnt work for me but has done for others. it is frustrating but very very common and she will sort it out so i wouldnt stress too much as yo usay she is telling you so that is good smile

Harperseventy Sun 14-Oct-12 15:32:04

DD2.8 has been using potty/toilet for 4 months now. No accidents, but will not do a poo. She asks for a nappy then does it in there. I've tried bribes etc but nothing. I suppose I should e thankful as she will not soil her pants! Any advice???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now