Day 2 and going out for a family lunch...pull-up or not?

(9 Posts)
claremcassey Wed 03-Oct-12 13:51:37

Thanks all, in the end I did put a pull up on him, we had a great lunch and when we got home, the pull up was dry!!! Carried on as normal with the training and now (Day 5), he's doing really well. smile

jaggythistle Mon 01-Oct-12 07:16:11

i used nappies for a day out in the first week that DS1 was training. it didn't seem to phase him and we just carried on the next day.

I've tried to avoid pull ups, but i was a big chicken the first couple of trips to friend's houses. he actually kept them dry and went for wees, but i get the feeling he's a bit hmm about them!

claremcassey Sun 30-Sep-12 01:50:35

Thanks for your input everyone, I really appreciate it smile

Meglet Sat 29-Sep-12 14:43:11

yes. I used pull-ups for ages as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of wet clothes. We still did regular toilet trips but it made outings less stressful.

Melindaaa Sat 29-Sep-12 14:41:18

Put a nappy on him and enjoy lunch.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 29-Sep-12 14:41:16

Not in it!! Bloody phone!!!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 29-Sep-12 14:40:51

On the loo blush not on it!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 29-Sep-12 14:40:12

I wouldn't use pull ups as it kind of means its ok to pee when you're trying to teach that it's not ok to pee.

Don't worry what others think we all have give through the toilet training stage.

Just ask him to sit inthe loo before taxi arrives.

claremcassey Sat 29-Sep-12 14:37:51

I have started training my son who is 2 yrs 9 mths. Day 1 - bit of a disaster early in the day (ran out of jocks, there were so many accidents!) but some progress in the afternoon as he stood over the potty without prompting and did wees twice. Tomorrow is day 2 and we've been invited out for lunch to see some friends visiting us from overseas. What should I do? I have bought training pants and thought I would just pretend they're normal jocks. Or should we just stay home? Or use a pull-up just for the outing? Also it will take up a good 20 mins to get there in a cab so no options of pulling over for a quick wee on the side of the road! Advice please!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now