Day 2 and ready to throw in the towel - should I persevere?

(12 Posts)
secondseverncrossing Sat 29-Sep-12 12:37:02

Thanks vivienne - bit of a peppa pig muddy puddles moment really. We've got wooden floors everywhere so it just sort of pool then she splashes in it with her hands and feet.

Kids eh.

Viviennemary Sat 29-Sep-12 11:10:31

This sounds really annoying. And she is not that old. I'd give it a rest for a month or two and then try again. Doing on floor and splashing in. Sounds as if she's having fun. Not on really!!

secondseverncrossing Sat 29-Sep-12 11:05:13

Oh - in answer to how she did yesterday - she got four or five in the toilet, when bribed to sit.

The others she happily did all over the floor and splashed in.

secondseverncrossing Sat 29-Sep-12 11:04:06

Thank all.

I did DD1 at 2.5 and she was excellent - weed loads the first day on the floor but really got the hang of it and was excited to use the potty. I think we had one accident on day 2 then that was it.

DD2 is another kettle of fish though - she's refusing to do everything at the moment, get dressed, put her shoes on, anything. Yesterday when I was asking her if she wanted to sit on the toilet she would just shout 'no' at me. I could only get her to sit on the damn thing by bribing her with a bit of kitkat blush which I know isn't right. She should want to be using it.

So, about 2PM yesterday I gave up and put a nappy on her. She's being so wilful and stubborn at the minute I really don't want it to turn into a battle. I will keep offering her the toilet but leave her in nappies for now til she's in a better frame of mind hmm

Stellarella123 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:29:22

I used to set a timer for every 30mins and be very enthusiastic " woohoo potty time!" I'd get the sweet tub and if she did it she'd get a sweetie (small haribo) , it worked and we slowly weaned off the sweets, and she's now 4.5 and not addicted to sweets!
Must say I tried with her at around age2 but she peed every 5 mins and I couldn't keep up! At 2.5 she was much better and seemed ready. Good luck x

I had two horrendous days with dd and then she cracked it on the third! A few accidents after that when she became too involved in things - she was a bit older. I would persevere as she is making good progress

NimpyWindowMash Sat 29-Sep-12 09:06:37

I would say that if you are 50% successful, i.e. half the wees going in the toilet or potty, then it is definitely worth persevering. It sounds like she is doing quite well, but it may take several more days for it to click and for her to realise she has control. It's no fun. I sympathise with you having just been through it.

poorbuthappy Sat 29-Sep-12 09:03:18

How did it go through the day??

secondseverncrossing Fri 28-Sep-12 10:13:50

Thanks poorbuthappy.

I just don't know if she is ready. She's such a stubborn child anyway and now she's point blank refusing to sit on the toilet at all.

poorbuthappy Fri 28-Sep-12 10:13:08

Not yet. Day 2 is always hard because you convince yourself it's going to be better but usually it's not.
Only give up if you think she's not ready, not because it's damn hard work!! (voice of experience talking here smile)

secondseverncrossing Fri 28-Sep-12 10:11:10

twitchy bump

secondseverncrossing Fri 28-Sep-12 09:52:10

DD2 is 2.3 and we started potty training yesterday.

She's been doing wees on the toilet for a while now, when offered.

Anyway, yesterday we had about 5 wees and one poo on the toilet. But that was only when I took her. Every other wee (about 6 or 7) went on the floor.

She's weed on the toilet three times this morning, when I've taken her, then weed on the floor while I was upstairs.

I have to really bribe encourage her to sit on the toilet, she just doesn't seem that interested.

I'm sitting here housebound in my wee-smelling house feeling like I should persevere as we seem to have a few on target...but I think she just doesn't care or want to use the toilet.

Should I leave it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now