Too early to potty train? Not sure what I am doing!

(6 Posts)
Leviathan Sat 29-Sep-12 22:09:55

Thanks for that... after doing so well the other week, he's back in nappies most all of the time. Doesn't want to sit on his potty apart from once last night. I'm gonna look for some stickers and see how we get on and take it from there....

Nagoo Wed 19-Sep-12 21:59:01

You can only try and see. If he's not ready, you'll soon find out smile

RubberNeckerNicker Wed 19-Sep-12 21:55:46

I'd stick with it especially if nursery is willing.

Just to say though they can cope with differences in approach in different settings. My DD was nappy-less at home a few months before she could manage it at nursery. She was clean and dry by 23 months all round though. Some kids do just get it early on (I lay no claim to the early success, it was all her own doing!)

OwedToAutumn Wed 19-Sep-12 21:52:09

Once you have started, you need to keep going, otherwise he will be confused. Chopping and changing between nappy days and pants days won't work.

Some children are ready at 23 months, and it sounds like little Leviathan is doing really well, so stick with it!

BlackSwan Wed 19-Sep-12 21:45:44

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully, I would keep going, it isnt too early for your child clearly.

Leviathan Sun 16-Sep-12 20:04:13

DS is 23 months and is pretty good at knowing what the potty is for, asking to use it etc. We had a good day today - 1st day with no nappy at all and just two wee accidents. I have tomorrow off with him and he's back at nursery on Tuesday. They are supportive of potty training and will follow my instructions but gave me a few guidelines when I asked.

My query is this - should I now go with it - ie not put him in nappies at all. He is only in 2nd week at new nursery - will this be too much too soon?

I know he is quite young to potty train so not sure if he should have nappies when away from home and keep up the no nappies at home thing a bit longer?

Any tips?

Thanks
Lx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now