As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

5 months postnatal, agonising pain in vagina

(14 Posts)
onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 10:57:54

I've woken up with the most agonising pain in the opening to my vagina completely out of no where. I don't know if it's related to having DD 5 months ago, the only reason I mention it is because the pain is right where I had stitches but I've had no problems with them up til now. Everything healed fine after the birth. But now it hurts to sit down, it hurts to walk around, it feels like the most almighty pressure. Any idea what this could be? Obviously it's a Sunday so can't book an appointment with the GP until tomorrow.

N0tfinished Sun 27-Nov-16 11:17:19

Have you any ibuprofen? Sounds like infection. Does it feel tender (like the tissue is inflamed) or muscular?

Helspopje Sun 27-Nov-16 11:18:37

Is there anything feeling like it is 'coming down' as prolapse can present on this way. Best to make a plan to see GP

WhatLizzyDid Sun 27-Nov-16 11:20:46

If you are in a lot of pain please go and see the out of hours doctor flowers

MistyMinge Sun 27-Nov-16 11:24:01

With you mentioning the pressure I'm wondering if it's a prolapse. If you have a poke about does it feel like anything is in the way?

onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 11:27:28

I can't feel anything, it's just very, very tender around the opening. I don't know what would have suddenly brought it on. I had a smear just over a week ago and there was a little bit of bleeding at the cervix but aside from that nothing else was mentioned - if it was prolapse surely the nurse would have seen something then?

MistyMinge Sun 27-Nov-16 11:34:47

I would dose up on painkillers today and call docs first thing in the morning.

If pain becomes unmanageable or you start to feel poorly/temperature then you should go to out of hours.

onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 11:37:15

What would high temp/feeling unwell likely indicate?

Does anyone know if I can take cocodamol while breastfeeding? Ibuprofen tends to exacerbate my asthma.

MistyMinge Sun 27-Nov-16 11:40:42

A high temp and feeling unwell would indicate a possible infection. Infections if not caught quickly can turn into sepsis.

Not sure about Cocodamol and bf.

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon flowers

onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 12:01:23

Sorry, I was being stupid, of course that indicates infection. I was wondering if they were signs of prolapse.

onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 16:38:21

I'm finding the pain is getting worse when my bladder is full, goes completely while I'm peeing and then hurts less when my bladder is empty. Any ideas what this sounds like?

MistyMinge Sun 27-Nov-16 17:01:07

Just looked on 'threads I'm on' to see how you're doing. I've not had a prolapse but a close friend has. I wonder if you have a Cystocele (prolapsed bladder). The feeling of pressure and pain when bladder full would make sense.

onedayimightforget Sun 27-Nov-16 22:48:14

I've just got DH to have a look and he said it looks irritated around the outside of the opening, if that makes sense. There's also a black dot, which is very sore to touch, at the top of my vulva. I've no idea what that could be or what the hell is going on down there.

Lunde Sun 27-Nov-16 22:53:59

Could part of a stitch have been left behind causing irritation and possible infection?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now