As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Ive had enough

(7 Posts)
butterfly92 Fri 25-Nov-16 11:48:51

I have had enough of my life and had enough of my family ive literally had enough!!! Since day 1 my son does not stop fucking crying. I have tried everything to find out what it is, the doctor said its not reflux, ive tried infacol, gripe water, colief, dentonax whatever its called and none of them are working. He burps and farts cos of the infacol but then he is sick. He never sleeps and always wants to be held!! He doesnt like the swing, the bouncer, the moses, the caboo that i got (waste of money). And he only sleeps on my chest or arms. Ive had to leave him to cry for half an hour cos i had to wash and sterilise the bottles as i had none left to give when its his next feed. He would sleep for 10 - 20 mins then wake up screaming and wanting to be held. I dont want to do this shit anymore.

DefinitelyNotRuth Fri 25-Nov-16 11:56:41

Oh my love, that sounds really shit. Newborns are so hard but I promise it won't last forever.
Do you have anyone you can call to pop over while you get your head together? If not, can you go out for a walk? The outside might soothe him and if not, you won't be able to hear the crying as much while tire out.

This bit is just about survival. As long as your DC is clean, warm and fed then you can leave them to cry for a little while, while you sort yourself out. Better that than you snap and do something you will later regret.

Hang in there honey, it will get better flowers

DefinitelyNotRuth Fri 25-Nov-16 17:29:54

You alright love?

butterfly92 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:41:32

DefinitelyNotRuth sorry for late reply I was run ragged all day sad I just had to rant as I felt really low and just generally so depressed. He did manage to settle down but I think he does have reflux... he seems like he is in pain every time he drinks his bottle & then screams for an hour afterwards. He projectile vomited all over me and the smell was very strong burning acid it has burnt my nostrils and throat! I am going back to docs Monday to see another GP and get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Thank you so much for your kind words and support xx

DefinitelyNotRuth Fri 25-Nov-16 19:16:58

Rant away! If you need to do it again, feel free to PM me. I've got a newborn and a toddler and there are days when I feel like slamming the door and letting them get on with it!
Sounds like a good plan to go back to the GP. Be firm with them, you know your baby and something isn't right. If you think it's necessary, there is nothing wrong in asking for help for you too. It's not a weakness, it's sometimes a necessity!
Good luck, here if you need me x

Brittanyspears Sun 27-Nov-16 16:40:02

I feel for you. I hope you get it sorted asap! Gaviscon helped us loads wit reflux. Good luck!

stargirl1701 Sun 27-Nov-16 16:44:30

Does he have a dummy?

Have you tried an oesto or chiro?

Are you bedsharing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now