As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Lochia at 3 weeks post birth

(7 Posts)
Sardines18 Sat 05-Nov-16 15:36:10

I gave birth 3 weeks ago and my lochia seems to have slowed down to just a brown discharge when I am just at home resting but even just on easy going walks it starts back up to a dark mucusy red. Not a lot on my pad but a fair bit on wiping. I have no pains and my red bleeding only stopped a few days ago. Is this normal or should I see my GP? So many websites seem to say signs of red should have stopped by now...

rhuhbarb4 Sat 05-Nov-16 15:49:25

I had the exact same after all of my births I actually didn't completely stop until 6 weeks postpartum. I would say it sounds normal but if you are worried ring your maternity ward or go and see your go.

Aceberry Sat 05-Nov-16 23:10:37

I gave birth 7 weeks ago and exactly the same at 3 weeks and would bleed red if I did too much eg run up the stairs etc. My bleeding stopped fully at about 5 weeks. I'm sure your fine but speak to your midwife if you are worried

AppleMagic Sat 05-Nov-16 23:17:10

I bled off and on for 6-8 weeks with each of mine.

Sardines18 Sun 06-Nov-16 15:47:12

I had asked my midwife last week and she didn't seem too concerned. I've rested all day today and I am still having red bleeding on and off. rhuhbarb and apple magic was your bleeding red? I think I'll go and see my gp this week.

AppleMagic Sun 06-Nov-16 15:57:08

Yes red and a bit heavier than you described.

Sardines18 Mon 07-Nov-16 11:13:29

Thanks everyone that has reassured me that I'm within the range of normal! I did think I would probably be having pains or flooding if it was retained placenta or infection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now