As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Help is this pnd

(8 Posts)
adjusting82 Tue 01-Nov-16 08:47:33

Hi,

Need some advice, my ds is 9wks today and I am really struggling with everything. I though I had turned s corner around the six week mark, I had stopped crying and was getting used to my new life as a mum. However the last few days it's like a darkness has descended over me, I feel so overwhelmed by the monotony of my everyday life and can't stop crying. I get frustrated with my ds when he crys and don't feel the connection towards him that I am supposed to.
Has anyone else felt like this and if so how did you get through it?
Do you think this is pnd or should I just try to ride it out?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I feel like I am losing my mind.

Ps: ds is great and helps me 50/50 with everything and is very supportive

adjusting82 Tue 01-Nov-16 08:55:28

I meant dp confused

adjusting82 Tue 01-Nov-16 14:03:18

Anyone??

SugarNspiceNallThingsNice Tue 01-Nov-16 14:12:49

I know how you feel. It could well be PND, I would definitely see the doctor or health visitor just in case. I wouldn't recommend trying to ride it out because you don't want to lose your bond with baby.
I had it with my first child and was reluctant to get help, i did lose some of that bond unfortunately. I hope you're having a good day today, and please do seek help x

TheTantrumCometh Tue 01-Nov-16 14:21:47

It sounds very much like it could be PND to me. I presented different symptoms to you but it does all sound under that umbrella.

Again, I wouldn't personally recommend riding it out either. Low moods can be overcome but PND is something different. Speak to your HV and gp and they'll be able to support you.

Treatment for me was going on to mild antidepressants and this did help immensely. My HV also arranged extra visits with me and I found that helpful, too. It was nice to be able to talk to someone about it (though I was quite open with family and friends anyway).

adjusting82 Tue 01-Nov-16 15:01:05

Thanks for your replies.

Think I will go and see my dr about how I am feeling. I really just want to enjoy this time with my ds but I can't, I am feeling so anxious all the time, it's driving me crazy and I just want to cry all the time

Littleelffriend Tue 01-Nov-16 15:03:19

I was exactly the same, went to the gp and am now on low dose antidepressants. It's made a huge difference. Hope you feel better soon x

rebeccaroskellthomas Fri 18-Nov-16 12:09:25

Definitely go and see your GP, don't let it wait until it gets worse. I was like this, thought I felt better and then hit a massive wall and was so ill. Started on a low dose of medication and felt so much better after a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now