As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Cesarean section ladies??

(13 Posts)
butterfly92 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:05:27

Hi ladies just wondering for those who had a cesarean section how long did you keep your stockings on for and was you taking clexane injections? I kept my stockings on for two days in hospital as well as having clexane injections once daily and they said as long as im mobile and taking my injections then I don't need stockings but i spoken to other ladies on a group i am in and they said stockings had to stay on for 6 weeks as well as injections for 6 weeks!!! This is rather worrying, i really don't want to end up developing dvt :/

BagelDog Mon 24-Oct-16 13:10:23

Stockings and clexane both together definitely. How long depends on your risk factors but it is usually either one week or six weeks after delivery depending on how many boxes you tick. When you are discharged home your medication sheet should tell you how long, and the midwives should have a chat through all your meds. And they will only send you home with as many clexane injections as you need. Ask for a spare pair or two of stockings so you can wash them more easily.

piglet81 Mon 24-Oct-16 13:10:36

I think it depends on your risk factors (other than the caesarean - age, bmi, whether you smoke etc) - some people will be advised to wear stockings and have injections for longer than others. Just go with what your discharge papers say, I think.

And congratulations!

loveulotslikejellytots Mon 24-Oct-16 13:11:30

I took my stockings off as soon as I could, before I even left the hospital blush. Not clever but they were making me itch so bloody much. It was hurting my stomach keep stretching down to my legs! Clexane I had for a week.

NerrSnerr Mon 24-Oct-16 13:12:42

They took my stockings off in recovery as I had a pph and bled all over them. I have clexane for 4 days (as long as I was in)

ArcticMumkey Mon 24-Oct-16 13:16:02

No stockings and no injections for me at any point. Mine was an elective section if that makes any diffrence (although friends who had elcs at the same hospital had injections so who knows!)

Aquasport Mon 24-Oct-16 13:20:30

No stockings either time (didn't realise that was normal practice confused) injections for 5 days

imsotiredd Mon 24-Oct-16 13:31:22

We got home the next day no stockings and injections for 9 days smile

CrazyGreyhoundLady Mon 24-Oct-16 14:10:17

I'm currently 4 days post my second section. Had stockings for two weeks and clexane for one the first time round.
This time I've had no stockings at all and clexane for ten days.
It varies from person to person depending on your activity levels and personal circumstances. Just follow what the doctor told you and if you are worried phone the hospital you had the section at and ask. They will be more than happy to offer advice and reassurance.

Congratulations on your new arrival!!!

MrsMac1397 Fri 11-Nov-16 16:16:59

I had injections for 7 days and wore the stockings for the full 6 wks both times.

Bluntness100 Fri 11-Nov-16 16:20:15

Stockings were for a day max. And I had developed full blown eclampsia which did not resolve after my daughter was delivered. Spent a month in hospital with a variety of issues, that being a major one, but the stockings came off relatively quickly.

alloutofnameideas Fri 11-Nov-16 16:22:31

I gave myself the injections up to 6 days post section but never had a sexy stocking touch my legs at any point. Mine was an elcs with twins

greenlizard Fri 11-Nov-16 22:18:33

I took the stockings off after 2 days as they were driving me mad. I had to stay in hospital for 3 days after mu section as my DD had jaundice but I was quite mobile and made sure I was walking around a lot . I had clexane injections for 10 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now