As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

New pants for after birth?

(8 Posts)
TotallyBeer Mon 03-Oct-16 13:29:54

FTM to be here, reading lots about the amount of blood loss after baby is born. Should I just go and buy a bunch of new granny pants from M&S that I don't mind getting ruined?

Will it really be that bad?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 03-Oct-16 13:30:37

I just wore black ones

MaxineRockatansky Mon 03-Oct-16 13:32:09

I bought a cheap pack of big black apple catchers from Asda. In a size 18 (I'm a 12). They did the trick and worked esp well with maternity pads everything felt nice and secure and in place.

God luck btw flowers.

DowntonDiva Mon 03-Oct-16 13:34:01

Yes I would. I got the Primark multi pack only. £2.50 (ish) for 5 pairs.

TotallyBeer Mon 03-Oct-16 13:40:14

Oh that's a good point Maxine, no idea what size to get!

Big, comfy and black basically then. grin

IrregularCommentary Mon 03-Oct-16 22:18:23

Yep, cheap, black and in a bigger size. Make sure you go for a high waistband as well. I ended up having an emcs 3 weeks ago and am still in mine. Anything low and it'd probably irritate my scar.

It really is just a giant period essentially. So, not pleasant and quite annoying, but nothing actually bad.

LumpishAndIllogical Tue 04-Oct-16 09:53:35

As previous poster said get them from Asda, cheaper than MS. And a few sizes up 😊 I found Asda ones to be really comfy

NotCitrus Tue 04-Oct-16 09:58:49

If you have a slightly larger male partner, steal all his old pants you'd like to be chucked - tend to have better-padded higher waistbands and hold huge pads in place better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now