As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Loose vag

(10 Posts)
Christinedonna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:30:40

I have birth to my DD 4 weeks ago today. The bleeding has just about stopped, was next to nothing for a week or so but TOUCH WOOD I think it's done now. OH tried it on last night and I've been dying to get back on the horse if you will, so went to the toilet to take my pad off (was wearing just in case) and was slightly curious as to how tight/loose I am now as I hadn't yet checked..and could have cried at how much I've changed. Not to blow my own trumpet but I was extremely tight before..and now I am really not! So turned OH down and he went to sleep a bit deflated. Literally. So my question is, is it still too early for it to have fully recovered, and could get tighter still? Or is this my new vagina?

MaisieDotes Fri 16-Sep-16 10:33:05

No, you're still in the early stages of recovery.

Do your pelvic floor exercises every day and week by week you'll see a big improvement.

Christinedonna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:38:41

I'm yet to do them (before last night. Now I'm firmly clenched) regretting that now. Could actually cry at the thought of being stuck like this

wayway13 Fri 16-Sep-16 10:43:58

It is far too early to expect your vagina to have recovered! I don't even think you're supposed to DTD until you've had your 6 week check but don't quote me on that. FWIW I recovered fully but it took time. Your vagina is one of the most durable parts of your body and is designed to stretch and recover.

PeppasNanna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:44:00

Your not 'stuck' like that.
You gave birth 4 weeks ago!!

Do your pelvic floors.

You will be fine.

PeppasNanna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:44:46

You can DTD whenever you want...
The 6 week guide is so old fashioned!!

MaisieDotes Fri 16-Sep-16 10:48:06

You won't be! 4 weeks is still very early.

I think there's an NHS app for pelvic floor exercises, Squeezy or something.

I'm supposed to be doing it since having DC3 7 months ago but I haven't got round to it yet.

I just clench whenever I think of it. Afaik you are meant to do a mix of long and short clenches. The app probably has all the info.

EmGee Fri 16-Sep-16 10:53:36

I felt the same and the first time we DTD at about 6 weeks, I thought it all felt very loose. DH said it felt a bit different but not drastically. It will all ping back into shape but you will probably never feel quite as tight as you did pre-birth. That is what having a baby does. It just changes your body even if the body does a pretty good job at regaining it's natural state.

It also depends on what kind of birth you had. With DD1 I had a forceps delivery and was utterly horrified at how different I felt 'down below' afterwards. DD2 was more natural so it felt a lot less 'damaged' post-birth.

Reiterate what PP said about pelvic floor exercises but don't be surprised at how 'fatigued' your muscles feel initially.

Christinedonna Fri 16-Sep-16 10:56:49

I've tried them a few times before and just felt like I couldn't feel them. I could feel my bum clenching but couldn't feel my bits! Is that normal?
I had a completely natural birth, no tears or stitches just a few "graizes"..but she was born very very quickly and only took 3 or 4 pushes. Il look for that app now, thank you everyone

turtlesallthewaydown Fri 16-Sep-16 11:29:33

It's totally normal not to be able to feel/control your muscles around your vagina at this stage, give it time. The exercises will get easier and if you keep doing them they will help enormously.

Re the 6 weeks thing. When I gave birth a midwife advised me to make sure I used contraception as apparently you are very fertile during the first 6 weeks. Maybe that's where it comes from. To be honest I just laughed, I definitely wasn't as keen as you to get back into it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now