As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

I'm done with life now.

(7 Posts)
user1473509591 Sat 10-Sep-16 13:31:48

Trapped in a constant circle of guilt. I love my kids, just hate being a mum. Hate being a wife, hate working for no return, hate being me. That's it, I'm just done with it all. Told the oh how I'm feeling and he had no words of comfort. Just a shrug and a sad face. I want someone to look after me for a little bit, do the laundry. Pay my bills. Just once. I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore. Other people cope fine, it's called being an adult so why do I find it so bloody hard?

davirose Sun 11-Sep-16 07:19:51

I hope you don't mind me saying but It sounds like you need to talk to a professional.
My sister said that going to a psychologist really helped her, even though she was quite sceptical at first, not really seeing how they could have helped but they did. A lot.
How long have you been married/had children?
Be strong. You will get through this.

Sootica Sun 11-Sep-16 07:23:43

I'm sorry you haven't had many replies to your thread but I think you've posted in a very quiet area of the site.
Have you seen a doctor? How old are your kids ? It doesn't sound like you have much real life support but please please talk to someone, your kids need you and I promise there can be good times ahead. It sounds like you are very depressed

FusionChefGeoff Sun 11-Sep-16 07:45:11

Hello - bumping really to hope some of the wonderful people who have been where you are and come out the other side find your post.

Definitely go to your GP and also access any other RL support - parents? Friends? Siblings?? Sounds like you are ill with depression and it's perfectly fixable so do you think you could call your doctor in the morning and request an emergency appointment?

Brittanyspears Sun 11-Sep-16 12:47:43

You sound mentally exhausted. Have you spoken to your doctor? Is there anyone you can talk to that you trust. Ive found counselling really helpful in the past. Everything seems hopeless and rubbish now but things will change, but you need help and support so you can feel better. You will get through this with help. Im sure you are a wonderful mother and wife, but right now enough is enough and you need some respite and care. Depression is awful (i am not diagnosing you but it sounds likely) but it can pass.

Zaurak Wed 21-Sep-16 21:47:01

It's hard work... I have a sympathetic husband and I'm still exhausted, overwhelmed and feel like a total failure.
flowers you need two things: firstly some kindness towards yourself. Being an amazing mum doesn't look like having a show home and a perfect life - it's getting the kids up and in clean clothes even though you're ill/knackered/utterly run down.
You ARE a good mum.
Secondly you need some help. Help around the house - is there anyone who can help? Parent? Friend?
Then medical help. I know it's hard to ask. But try. flowers

Haggisfish Wed 21-Sep-16 21:48:36

Being an adult is fucking hard work! Are you in medication? It sounds like now would be a good time to think about it/do it if not. Def go and see gp. And a different one if they aren't sympathetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now