As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Tummy swelling after c section

(4 Posts)
Rose2806 Fri 26-Aug-16 05:56:07

Hi everyone,

I had a planned c section 10 weeks ago and even though my lower tummy swelling has gone down a lot compared to how it was originally it's still there and a little bit tender in the middle, the skin over that area is still numb as well. The doctor at my 6 week check wasn't very helpful so I'm just wondering what other people's experiences are on how long it takes to be vaguely normal again?

I knew I do have diastasis recti which won't be helping, have asked for physio referral but it's going to take about 3 months!

Would really appreciate other people's thoughts smile

Rose2806 Sat 03-Sep-16 07:08:14

Can anyone help?

welshweasel Sat 03-Sep-16 07:09:29

I'm 7 months down the line. Still very numb but the numb area is reducing in size. Also still very tender. All normal.

TheresALight Mon 05-Sep-16 22:26:16

Hi, I had a c-section 4 months ago and my belly has just l about gone down. I'm still bigger than my pre-pregnancy size but I feel like I'm more in proportion than I have been since the baby was born.
My tummy is still tender, especially after any physical exertion, and I have a numb patch on one side. My midwife said her stomach was still numb 10 years later, but I get little stabby pains every now and then which I think is the nerves knitting back together so hopefully I'll get more feeling back soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now