As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Constant worrying about dying - PND?

(4 Posts)
mintybluemoo Tue 16-Aug-16 15:45:21

I've had anxiety in the past.

My baby is 4 months old and last week my Dad (who has depression on and off) told a me a lot of things about when my grandparents died.

This made me think about when I get old and about when my baby gets old. Every time I think about it a wave of anxiety passes over me and I'm completely terrified.

On top of this, everyone who meets me and the baby says something like 'cherish this time, she'll be grown up before you know it'. This really does not help and I can't stop thinking about getting old and not being with my baby anymore.

I feel like this constant worrying is ruining my lovely time with my DD and I just want to stop.

I've spoken to the GP about my thoughts and he thinks it is normal and just a phase and will pass.

I'm organising getting out of the house more and going to groups etc.

Does anyone have experience of this and will it pass?

Bearberry Tue 16-Aug-16 23:26:54

Minty, sounds like you're having a tough time flowers

I don't really have any advice, at all in fact but I came searching tonight on this topic as I'm feeling very similar to you. I have a 4 month old baby and I worry daily about how fast time is passing and ultimately that we will all get older and die. I too was wondering if this is a 'thing', so to say.

I lost my grandad, who I was very close to, when I was 35 weeks pregnant. His health was deteriorating through out my pregnancy and it felt like I was growing life while he was losing it. I don't want to be overly morbid but I really struggled with the whole concept. I think the idea that he kind of made space, for my DD and that all the generations shifted up a gear has really stuck with me. So my DD growing, makes me hyper aware of my own age, and of my parents etc... It just feels like we're on this long conveyor belt... Gosh sorry this is quite morbid and I really don't mean to hijack your thread at all (so sorry if it seems that way). I guess I just wondered if that's sort of how you're feeling too?

Certainly can relate to how you feel about people's comments about cherishing moments and children growing so fast. I find it terrifying and I find myself regularly calculating how old she is, how old she will be at certain occasions and comparing back to how long that time felt when it passed previously - in her life or mine if that makes sense? E.g in 2 months time she will still only be 6 months and 2 months ago was when x happened and that feels like ages ago...

mintybluemoo Wed 17-Aug-16 11:04:08

This is it exactly, Bear.

Glad I'm not the only one - I'm starting to think that it's probably a common part of having a baby.

I'm seeing my HV about it today so if I have any advice, I'll come back and let you know x

Leonas Fri 23-Sep-16 09:54:38

I just came on here in the hopes that I would read something exactly like this to reassure me that I'm not losing my mind. I have been feeling the same way, as well as having a weird sense of detachment/ not feeling like myself and it suddenly hit me that it might be a form of pnd. I don't feel like I can tell anyone in rl, don't want to say it out loud? But I know exactly how you are feeling. I hope you both are ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now