As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Belly Bandits - do they work?

(8 Posts)
insertimaginativeusername Fri 22-Jul-16 23:17:18

Have just stumbled across belly bandits with lots of reviews claiming it helped regain some post pregnancy shape and flatten the 'mummy tummy' - has anyone tried one? Or can recommend an alternative?

I have not pinged back at all like I did first pregnancy and finding it near impossible to get any time to exercise.

insertimaginativeusername Sun 24-Jul-16 09:23:39

No one?

ChorusLine69 Thu 28-Jul-16 03:28:36

Hiya, I used one last pregnancy as a friend recommended to me as belly wrapping common in her culture post pregnancy. My stomach did shrunk back fairly quickly and I found it comfy enough to wear but I don't know how much difference it made as that was my first pregnancy . I've just had another baby and will use it again once I'm a little less sore! I got mine 2nd hand off eBay as I didn't want to pay much - mine was by Vespa and the ladybird and i picked it up for less than £20. Bellefit ones are supposed to be good too.

insertimaginativeusername Thu 28-Jul-16 11:55:09

Ah thanks a reply!

I'm watching some on eBay so will see if I can get one at a decent price!

ChorusLine69 Thu 28-Jul-16 21:14:40

I've just wrestled mine on and it feels quite good and supportive and hoping will help with the pain. Good luck! They can be quite expensive even second hand but hopefully you'll get an eBay bargain!

passingthrough1 Fri 12-Aug-16 18:59:36

I used one but not as much as they recommend. I did notice even a few days using it I was tightening it more but hard to know if I would have shrunk back that quickly anyway.
Oh one thing re: their sizing. I used the size guide on their website (using my 8 month waist measurement) and it said I should get a medium. I actually bought a small and a medium would have been far too big as there was a lot of space in the small even.
First baby and the baby was fairly early so I don't think I had problems snapping back, but I'll be storing it away for next time for sure!!

Thenadish Wed 24-Aug-16 22:54:45

I recommend it. They come up big so although I measured a small I went for an XS. First few times I struggled to do it up but now it does up so much more easily. I don't know what impact it has but I feel much trimmer after wearing it for a few hours. It's also nice to have the tummy support for the first few weeks after having the baby!

Thenadish Wed 24-Aug-16 22:55:09

I recommend it. They come up big so although I measured a small I went for an XS. First few times I struggled to do it up but now it does up so much more easily. I don't know what impact it has but I feel much trimmer after wearing it for a few hours. It's also nice to have the tummy support for the first few weeks after having the baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now