As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Oral/breast thrush - help!!

(3 Posts)
countrytweed Tue 12-Jul-16 12:49:46

My 5 week old son has just been diagnosed with oral thrush by GP... and I've been experiencing agonising shooting/burning pains in my boobs (along with red raw nipples). GP has given the baby Nystan and told me I don't need anything, so I called another GP today and he's prescribed me one 150mg dose of Fluconazole (this was after me suggesting it, as he doesn't seem to think breast thrush exists). Worried that this Nystan and one dose of Fluconazole is not going to do anything at all after what I've read online - is Daktarin better? Should I push for more Fluconazole? Any other tips! I'm in so much pain! Thank you smile

EvansAndThePrince Tue 12-Jul-16 12:53:17

Is that the tablet you've been given? I was given creams both times we had it, they gave me daktarin gel once which was wrong, it should have been a cream.
Give the tablets a shot, they usually give them for the worse cases so it may clear it up. It's a nightmare, sorry you've got it sad

toffeeboffin Tue 12-Jul-16 12:55:54

Is the Flucanzole stuff an antibiotic?

You need an antibiotic, I had thrush in the breast when breastfeeding DS and it was more painful than labour contractions!

It's awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now