As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Post birth period tmi maybe

(3 Posts)
Nicnak2223 Mon 16-May-16 11:51:24

My ds has begun sleeping through the night meaning my period us returned.

I had a second degree tear stitched up at the birth if that's relevant.

I used a tampon for the first time this morning and it was really sore. Felt like it was rubbing and I could feel the dry paper feeling the whole time.

Any suggestion if this is normal? Do I just need to get used to it? Is it just too early to use tampons?

Popskipiekin Sat 02-Jul-16 21:31:03

Is it quite a light period? I can find it hard to get a tampon in for a normal period if it's right at the start or end when flow is lighter, and I'll feel it when it's in there, far more than when flow is normal/heavy. Maybe use a bit of lube and/or a slimmer tampon for now, or yes just a pad and maybe wait a bit and see if next month is better? Have you had much sex post birth and has that felt OK or uncomfortable? If sex has been uncomfortable then probably worth a gp visit to see if you're healing ok.

coveredinhopeandvaseline Sat 02-Jul-16 21:36:25

I was exactly the same, a tear with 30 stitches which seems to tighten and hurt when AF comes along.
I bought a (GASP....wait for it....) Mooncup two cycles ago and it is amazing. Use a wee bit lube with it (and cut the stem off completely). It seems to shorten my period and I don't get the cramps-of-death with it either. Try it, it will revolutionise your life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now