As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Getting a bit much!

(2 Posts)
user1461783206 Wed 27-Apr-16 20:00:38

Hi, I am new to this so not really sure if this is the right place to be writing this. I have just had my first baby he is 12 weeks old beautiful and I couldn't ask for a better baby. He sleeps through from around 10 till 6 he feeds ok and he smiles and it melts my heart.

I suffered from anxiety for a while before getting pregnant and now I can feel it creeping back. I just keep feeling like it's all getting a bit much. The silly thing is the thing that pushed me to write this was buying him a new car seat. It sounds ridiculous but it just did. I sat trying to put him to sleep tonight while he fought me and screamed at me and I just cried and cried until my partner came upstairs and took him off me. I feel like the worse mum ever I can hear him upstairs crying but I don't have the strength to go up and help him.
Please someone tell me I am not loosing my mind! X

Littleoakhorn Sat 30-Apr-16 19:16:43

Congratulations on your baby!

We all need a break from time to time and it's a very good thing that your partner can settle your baby as well as you. Babies have bedtime screamathons all the time and it's only human to need a break.

Talk to your hv about the anxiety, you're best placed to know what's normal for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now