As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

No appetite after c-section

(10 Posts)
claireL1991 Fri 22-Apr-16 18:47:03

I had my LG two weeks ago via emergency c-section. She's my first child so I don't really know what to expect.
Since having her I've had no sport what so ever. I'm just not interested in food anymore. I tend to snack thought the day on tiny bits of food instead of eating meals.
Before I had her I was eating healthily, three meals a day and often snacks in between too but not anymore. It actually makes me feel sick if I put food in my mouth sad

Has anyone else had this?
How long will this last?

I'll also add that I'm type 1 diabetic so getting my eating habits back to normal is rather important!

TIA x

claireL1991 Fri 22-Apr-16 18:47:59

That should say no appetite not no sport!!

AliceInHinterland Fri 22-Apr-16 18:52:43

I needed to get my calories with drinks after birth - lots of chocolate/banana/ice-cream milkshakes (homemade, decent ingredients) and posh crisps (not better for you but tastier)! I don't know if type 1 restricts what you can eat but I would just eat anything you can bear at this point (sorry to state the obvious).

AliceInHinterland Fri 22-Apr-16 18:54:22

I think it can be sheer exhaustion and a very sluggish digestive system that does it. If you can bear to, do eat prunes to keep things moving, or things will get very uncomfortable.

claireL1991 Fri 22-Apr-16 18:55:12

Thanks Alice,

I'm living off lucozade at the moment to keep my blood sugars up, will try milkshakes. Might make a few smoothies as well! X

Twinklestar2 Fri 22-Apr-16 18:56:05

That happened to me! I felt like food was too overwhelming, I couldn't stand the sight of food and just picked. My appetite came back after a couple of weeks but it was weird cause I loved my food.

claireL1991 Fri 22-Apr-16 18:56:09

Believe me when I say, food is coming out! Just not going in. I'm pooping more than I ever have done!! X

fish88 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:00:27

I had a natural birth and still had very little appetite for the first few weeks but I was very thirsty. I had lots of toast and kept chocolates at the side ofy bed for breastfeeding during the night. My normal appetite returned after about 3 weeks.

AliceInHinterland Fri 22-Apr-16 19:02:03

That's good news, trust me. I think as snore general answer to will I feel normal again after c-section/birth - the answer is pretty certainly yes! It is a huge deal and bound to knock you out of kilter in all sorts of ways. Appetite, sleep, emotions. Smoothies sound perfect, especially if you can sneak some extra calories in (perhaps coconut oil, cream, high fat Greek yoghurt). Or a really indulgent hot chocolate. Yep, definitely no long term effect on the appetite here!!

AliceInHinterland Fri 22-Apr-16 19:02:22

Snore = a more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now