As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Night sweating?!

(10 Posts)
tappitytaptap Thu 21-Apr-16 22:00:13

I had DS 3.5 weeks ago and am breastfeeding (after he spent a week in special care for which he was tube fed part formula and part EBM) and am finding I wake up at night in a pool of my own sweat! I gather this is normal but how long does it last? Making me feel pretty gross...!

Nicknamegrief Thu 21-Apr-16 22:05:19

I get this, can't remember exactly how long it lasted but doubt it was beyond 6/8 weeks otherwise I'd remember it with more annoyance.

Littleoakhorn Sat 30-Apr-16 19:02:51

I think it went around week 5, maybe earlier. It's gross isn't it!

BumWad Thu 05-May-16 06:02:32

I got this for ages unfortunately

RoseDeGambrinus Thu 05-May-16 06:30:46

I recommend sleeping on a towel that you can swap when you wake up, as trying to go back to sleep on the damp patch is grim.

DevonLulu Thu 05-May-16 06:33:58

Sadly I had this for months. Hideous isn't it! It goes away, eventually. Keep your fluids up.

mumto1babyboy Thu 09-Jun-16 20:11:28

Water weight vines out through swear!! Mine was awful for about 5weeks lol xx

OhIfIMust Thu 09-Jun-16 20:18:10

DEFINITELY sleep on a beach towel which you can then change in the middle of the night. It only lasted for about a week after I left hosp (c section then sepsis so was in for nearly 2 weeks). So gross! Hated it!

Igottastartthinkingbee Thu 09-Jun-16 20:21:50

Grim isn't it - no one tells you about this one before you get pregnant! I had it for 6 weeks or so post birth and it still happens now (DD 21 months not breastfed since 9 months old), although it's nowhere near as bad.

angelpuffs Thu 16-Jun-16 14:16:52

6-8 weeks- and that was in the winter. Must be even worse in summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now