As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Babys belly button

(10 Posts)
Bubblegum28 Thu 10-Mar-16 10:31:36

Hi ladies babys clamp fell off belly button and it don't look right to me? Is it infected getting a bit worried. Baby is one week old

Doje Thu 10-Mar-16 10:33:57

Do you have a midwife popping in soon? They'll check it. I think 1 week is early for the clamp to come off, but they do look pretty gross as a matter of course. I got told it'll be fine unless it starts to smell. (bleugh, gross)

Bubblegum28 Thu 10-Mar-16 10:35:30

She was supposed to come yesterday and didn't turn up angry I'm in the middle of trying to ring them to see what's happening.

Leapling Thu 10-Mar-16 10:37:03

That does look a little strange so would check with midwife. My DDs fell off at a week too.

Skiptonlass Thu 10-Mar-16 11:12:34

Keep it clean and dry and yes I'd get that checked.

Bubblegum28 Thu 10-Mar-16 11:25:27

Ok she suppose to be coming today so at least I can get her to check. Oh I'm worried now sad

angelpuffs Thu 10-Mar-16 13:47:21

I think it's a granuloma- nothing to worry about. But your midwife/GP will be able to put your mind at rest.

Bubblegum28 Thu 10-Mar-16 14:35:17

Yeah she come and said its fine it just needs cleaning, and because it only fell off last night it's still fresh smile Jesus having a newborn is worrying.

BossWitch Thu 10-Mar-16 14:41:24

If it doesn't start to dry up, try putting salt on it. It doesn't hurt and it helps accelerate the healing process. Have a quick Google, you'll find loads of info. It's recommended by some NHS trusts so perfectly safe.

LucyMouse Thu 10-Mar-16 14:45:53

My son's cord looked like this. The GP used some sort of pen containing a freezing agent and we had to go every week for about 6 weeks to get the treatment. I was given the pen to take home/return every week but was warned not to use it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now