As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

has anyone lost their 'mummy tummy'

(13 Posts)
2snugglets Sun 14-Feb-16 11:18:06

Just wondering whether it's worth trying to do sit ups or whatever to try and get my flat tummy back dd2 is now 2.5. I was very slim and had a flat stomach before my children. My stomach muscles tore during both labours and I'm thinking do I just accept that it won't go back rather than be disheartened when I don't get any results from exercise.
Would love to hear your experiences of success or not.

yomellamoHelly Sun 14-Feb-16 11:28:06

Isn't flat like it used to be (was also very slim), but is flatter following 3 years of exercise classes! Now have bunches of loose skin going in to my belly button. Is not a nice look and doubt I'll ever wear a bikini again. Genetics not on my side on that front thoug I'm afraid.

Jennyleth888 Mon 15-Feb-16 11:14:09

I know this might sound daft bt could it be excess weight or lose skin? My sisters muscles were damaged after her c section bt after doing lots of core con disjoining

Jennyleth888 Mon 15-Feb-16 11:18:13

Oops pressed post when trying to spell core conditioning! Wish the spelling mistakes would come up red as im usless without it.. Thanku
Deslexic brain. Anyway to cut a long story short her muscle tome was hold but it was just loose skin that made her look like she had abit of a saggy tum. She had a tummy tuck and looks better than ever now .. Very extreme soultion

Matilda11 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:21:01

I am wondering about this too. I have 3 dc's and tummy still looks 3 months pregnant. Someone has recommended Tupler Technique to me as it really helped them but does anyone have any experience of this?

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 04-Mar-16 21:25:11

Recent research has proven that sit ups are a pointless exercise that damages your pelvis, lower back and neck. Planking is a way more effective method of toning the tummy as it engages your entire core smile

dreame Fri 04-Mar-16 21:27:15

Check out Mutu.

mumofthemonsters808 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:27:50

I feel like a parrot, because I always post on these type of threads, I can't recommend the DVD Belly Fat Buster enough it's about a fiver from Amazon but I did spot it in Aldi a few weeks ago.Im twelve months in and have been doing it religously 10 mins every night. I don't want to blow my own trumpet too loud but my belly looks mighty fine.If I can do it, anyone can.

Matilda11 Fri 04-Mar-16 23:29:40

Wow that was quick thank you! I wasn't clear, my tummy muscles have separated so my nhs physio recommended I try tupler to pull them together, and another friend has used it and completely lost her tummy so I think I'll give it a go....just wondered if anyone has any experience or can recommend also before I commit. I've been looking at the website called tummy tribe this evening and am pretty sure I've talked myself into it. The physio said not to do tummy exercises like sit ups as it can make muscle separation worse so belly fat buster a no go for me sadly as are many other DVDs I've looked at.

VenusRising Fri 04-Mar-16 23:35:42

Tupler. And get the corset/ ab wrap she recommends.

Don't do sit-ups /cross body/ 100s.

Get the book. Get the wrap, do the exercises she recommends.

Also, go to a post natal physio to start and get a prof assessment. Most run or can recommend particular Pilates classes for diastisis recti patients which are eccellent IME.

Matilda11 Fri 04-Mar-16 23:51:34

Thank you, just ordered! I'm so excited to get started!

sb1987 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:46:18

I agree Venus, I did it and my tummy much improved, Back ache gone too. In fact my before and after photos on tummy tribe website but not telling you which ones me!! Agree use the wrap

Matilda11 Tue 04-Oct-16 14:18:36

Just a follow up, feeling much stronger and tummy 5 inches down. I'm still trying to do the exercises most days but not managing all...still overall much improved tummy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now