As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

SPD/PGP

(4 Posts)
Gunting Sun 31-Jan-16 23:34:23

How long did it take until you had no symptoms of spd after birth?

My son is 3 months old now but the symptoms seem to have actually got worse. While he didn't get stuck during labour he was quite big so I'm not sure if it's made the problem worse?

WiIdfire Sun 31-Jan-16 23:39:47

Symptoms from 14/40 to 6 weeks post-birth. Immediate huge improvement after he arrived, then further improvements for 6 weeks. He was 11lb 2oz so that doesn't support your large baby theory.

Ambermacy84 Tue 02-Feb-16 19:50:50

Hi I am 11 weeks pp and just starting to find pgp is subsiding but have been having physio at hospital to help.

SpottedLorax Wed 03-Feb-16 09:50:08

Immediate massive improvement (I could walk better a few hours after a complicated c section than before the birth!)

After that it's got slowly better with regular walking with the pram. I can now walk at a decent pace whereas before I felt the movement in the pelvis.

However, it's still not right and I think it's going to take a long time to resolve. I still suffer from hip pain, can't do anything high impact and I'm quite restricted in what I can do. The specific hormone takes about 5 months to clear I was told.

My sympathy- it's awful flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now