As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding 3 weeks after cs - period?

(7 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Sun 10-Jan-16 18:21:31

My lochia stopped a few days post cs. It's been almost 3 weeks since cs and just had a massive Gush (filled a pantyliner straightaway) with clots
But wondered whether it's likely to be my period as they tend to be heavy and can be clotty
Can't see gp till Monday and not sure if I'd get hold of health visitor now to ask

Evianbaby15 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:35:09

Bump

poocatcherchampion Sun 10-Jan-16 19:35:36

More likely lochia

Evianbaby15 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:28:39

Does it stop and start...I know it can a bit within a few days but it's been almost 2 weeks so didn't think it would be that still

poocatcherchampion Sun 10-Jan-16 21:57:36

Guidance suggests up to 6 weeks. My experience is that it stops and starts within that timeframe and occasionally a little after.

Evianbaby15 Mon 11-Jan-16 14:50:17

Seems to have slowed down a little - did ring ooh last night, they've said it could be lochia or my period but to keep an eye on it for a few days
Thanks for replying.

SkiptonLass2 Tue 12-Jan-16 09:43:28

It's more likely to be lochia. I bled sporadically for ten weeks often with gushes. It seemed to be when id stepped up activity levels a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now