As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

PND???

(4 Posts)
nicg85 Sun 27-Dec-15 11:44:40

DD is 8 weeks old. I'm coping very well looking after her and love her so much. My issue is with my husband. He's not doing anything wrong but I find myself snapping at him all the time and he's really annoying me for no reason. Could it be PND or is this normal? We aren't getting on and I feel like there is always an atmosphere. Like I said he's great with the baby and helps me but I find myself being horrible to him a lot. We had sex once whilst pregnant (I was scared to have sex don't ask me why!) and since DD has been born we still haven't done it. It's not that I don't want to its that I don't seem to have time. I think not having sex and not having that closeness is making us annoy each other ITMS? Do you think I have PND or is all of the above normal??

Thanks hmm

MummyNeedsATimeOut Mon 11-Jan-16 19:44:45

Hi Nicg85,
I suffered with PND but give yourself sime more time to adapt to having a new born and the lack of routine that comes with it, let your hormones settle down and if you still feel the same then visit your GP. A new baby is one of the happiest times but it is also the most exhausting, id say it is normal to be grouchy for a while. As for sex - Dont pressure yourself. Your body has carried and grown a baby then gave birth, your body is in mummy-mode, not sexual mode. It will eventually come back though. During my pnd i felt so alone, i felt useless, unwanted, nothing i done was right, i hated my body, i struggled to find a routine - and this was 2nd time round! If you cant snao out of it or your feelings go downwards then visit your gp. But id say you have a new baby and are adapting to the whirlwind that comes with the whole process! Best wishes x

Froggy34 Tue 12-Jan-16 12:35:02

Hope you don't mind but a question for mummyneedstimeout,I am suffering with PND and am at my lowest. How long did you suffer with it?and are you happier now?

nicg85 Wed 13-Jan-16 20:21:58

Hi mummyneedstimeout,
Thanks for your reply. I'm feeling much happier now. I think I was just having a few off days. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now