As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Still not right 11 wks after birth

(8 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Thu 03-Dec-15 10:02:19

I've got this horrible feeling like my bladder is heavy when I walk any distance or attempt any exercise. I've been seen by a gynae consultant who says it's not a prolapse and whatever the feeling is will go away in time with pelvic floor exercises. Is this actually true?! Have heard of people peeing themselves but not this... Will I ever be right again? sad just want to be able to walk or run without feeling this heavy bladder feeling (may not be bladder but only thing I can liken it to!)

magpie17 Fri 04-Dec-15 20:26:35

I can commiserate. I am 20 weeks after birth and things are still weird down there. It's not my bladder, it actually feels like the heavy feeling you get when a tampon is falling out (sorry, tmi!). I have seen the GP and he said no prolapse and because I don't have any issues with incontinance at all then there seems to be nothing anyone will do. I'm also having pain during sex (again, sorry!) but nobody seems to care about that.

Sorry I can't help but I do know how you feel. I've been doing pelvic floor exercises but not as often as I should and I don't know if I'm doing them right.

amitha Fri 04-Dec-15 21:02:10

I have this nine years on! I've started hypopressive training in the hope it will help and all my insides don't fall out! I am assures its not prolapse too.

Fuzzyduck21 Fri 04-Dec-15 23:44:08

Magpie - sorry to hear you're going through similar. Still maybe push to see consultant. My doc said I had a prolapse and then consultant said I didnt! Don't know who to trust.

Ive been doing pelvic floor ex more religiously over the last few days and have downloaded nhs app to help me remember.

Just feel in limbo as apparently not prolapse so what is it?! Hoping just weak pelvic floor. Apparently you can check if you're doing it right by inserting a finger and seeing if you can feel the clenching...or practice on a partner!! Thankfully no pain during sex for me. Did you have a straightforward birth? I did and that's why it's more difficult to understand altho I did have a full bladder during labour.

Amitha - oh no 9yrs?! Doesn't fill me with hope sad not heard of hypopressive so Googled and looks interesting! Have you been doing pelvic floors? What do you think the problem is? Finding it hard to come to terms with not knowing what it is/if it's just normal after birth and will go in time...

amitha Sun 06-Dec-15 22:10:12

I think its normal to an extent, i had one horribly messy birth then my second was a big baby, so its all been through the mill as it were! I have been doing pelvic floors and pilates for the whole time. I don't have any actual problems, other than the weird heavy feeling so i guess it could be one of those things.

ateapotandacake Tue 15-Dec-15 00:58:42

commonhealth.wbur.org/2015/12/childbirth-as-extreme-sport
I found this a bit helpful. Also I know what you mean about the bladder thing. Drop a urine sample in to exclude infection and maybe ask for a physio referral?

Fuzzyduck21 Sun 03-Jan-16 10:48:19

Thanks all have been referred to nhs gynae now so we wait. No infection apparently, I just hope I won't be like this forever

Havalina1 Tue 15-Mar-16 22:25:02

FuzzyDuck how did you get on with the gynae? Any improvement?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now