As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

will my rings ever fit again?!

(5 Posts)
Poppytime Fri 06-Nov-15 16:34:26

5 weeks after having dc2 and I still can't get my engagement ring back on. I took it off at about 35 weeks as I was worried I wouldn't be able to get it off again as fingers getting a bit sore/swollen - I think I have/still have a bit of carpal tunnel - I got it after I had DD last time but since about the 3rd trimester I have been getting pins and needles in the middle of the night and I wake up and my fingers are really stiff and sore to bend. I think this has meant they are still quite swollen (although they don't particularly look it). I don't think holding DS whilst continually bfding/jiggling is particularly helping as I often get a dead arm. Will this get better? Should I see gp? I suspect they will just tell me it will pass in time... I really want to wear my ring again but don't want to eg get it stretched unless I know why fingers aren't ever going back to the side they were! Anyone experienced similar? Thanks in advance!

ClaireFraser Mon 09-Nov-15 08:18:54

My fingers took until about 10weeks pp for me to get my rings on again, partly due to horrendous water retention. Even now at 22wks pp they are still snigger than they used to be, but I think that is mainly due to the fact that I am a stone heavier than before I got pregnant, hopefully they will fit as normal once the extra weight has gone. Do you think that could be the same for you?

UmbongoUnchained Mon 09-Nov-15 08:19:37

Took 15 months to get my ring back on!!

Poppytime Mon 09-Nov-15 12:06:17

Noooo umbongo don't tell me that! I think I'm a few kg over pre preg weight but not hugely, just managed to squeeze back into some old jeans for example. Do you think I just wait it out then and if not better in a few months see doc? I don't mind getting ring stretched (although will mourn my skinner fingers haha!) but it's more the pain when I wake up and pins and needles...

UmbongoUnchained Mon 09-Nov-15 12:45:01

Yeah if you're having pain then definitely see a doctor!
I was gutted as all my friends put their rings back on very soon after birth. I was horrifically swollen though, I've even got stretch marks on my knees and ankles from all the water retention. Thankfully back to my normal size 12 now though but it took quite a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now