As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Bleeding - experiences for comparison please

(5 Posts)
Alwaysworryingaboutsomething Tue 01-Sep-15 12:14:25

Hello
My DD1 is 3 weeks today. I had a pretty bad haemorrhage at her birth (2.5 litres+) and thinking this is preventing any rational reactions!
My post natal bleeding calmed right down after 4 or 5 days initially tho while in hospital I had some large clots (which the midwives didn't seem at all concerned about despite them being big enough to cover the bottom of the toilet). I've been home 2 and a half weeks and under orders to take it very easy! I went out for 2 hours one day last week then that night had red bleeding and a large clot but as soon as the clot passed the bleeding stopped.
I had to be out for 5 hours on Sunday then yesterday morning had red bleeding a a small clot and again the bleeding stopped. But last night I was standing and felt a gush of blood. Went to the loo and there was what looked like quite a lot of blood in the toilet.
Each time I have called nhs and they have run thru the questions to check for infection and other issues (does it smell, am I in pain, do I have a temp etc) and are happy it's nothing sinister and may just happen from time to time. I've just to keep an eye and make sure it's not too heavy (filling a pad an hour).
Does this all sound normal? It only occurred to me last night that the reason I'm panicking when it happens is because of what happened and birth and possibly being out of the habit of having a period therefore what might be a normal amount of bleeding feels very 'wet' to me.
Sorry for such a huge post, what are others experiences of bleeding like this?

Alwaysworryingaboutsomething Tue 01-Sep-15 17:58:46

Hopeful bump

Justcurious15 Sun 13-Sep-15 08:50:47

It's normal, try not to worry it's common to taper off and come back quite heavy. If you're very concerned I would just visit a GP rather than NHS direct they're pretty useless at times.

Pollyvictoria94 Mon 14-Sep-15 12:35:12

I had exactly the same after my little boy, I was told it was my bodies way of telling me to slow down. I remember when my son was 5 weeks old taking him for a good 2 hour walk and that night the bleeding that's previously stopped started again! I was worried just like you but I think if you just take it easy and try rest (when you get chance!) all sounds completely normal to me. Hope you and your little one are okay smile x

sianihedgehog Sat 26-Sep-15 05:38:59

Same here, bled heavily on and off for at least 3 weeks. 6 weeks pp now and it's finally just occasional spotting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now