As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal healthy eating thread, anyone?

(4 Posts)
blibblobblub Fri 21-Aug-15 08:18:52

I'd have put this in weight loss but for me it's not really about losing weight, I just need some accountability to keep my hands out of the fridge and stop me eating chocolate all the time!

I'm just short of 13 weeks postpartum, breastfeeding, hungry ALL THE TIME. Constantly wanting to eat junk because it's quick and tastes nice and has high calories but I know that's not a good way to live.

Anyone like to join me in trying to be more healthy? I'm aiming to eat good, real food, cutting down on processed stuff, and not being scared of carbs and fat wink

iamhopeful Sat 22-Aug-15 07:22:30

Me! Feeling quite miserable with my body, one week old ds is breast feeding a lot and am exhausted trying to look after dd as well as recovering from a c section. I know exercise is out so need to stop eating rubbish.

comeagainforbigfudge Sun 23-Aug-15 01:35:59

Me 3! I'm not breastfeeding but am eating like I am. I also have had MS relapse so energies really low, combined with an almost 11 week old. Who at least sleeps well through the night.

Feel like a fat miserable blob. Enough is enough! Got a load of veggie based cook books so going to peruse them 2mor and make a meal plan. Some batch cooking is needed I think as it's too easy to order take away etc

hopeful one week old plus cs = eat whatever you need to to get through the day! Although I found the best thing for me at that stage was drinking water with every feed.

1st change I'm going to focus on is eating breakfast every morning. I'm rubbish at that!

Oh and upping my water intake again. 2l of water. (NOT FIZZY JUICE)

And maybe start doing situps/back raises etc when DD is doing her mandatory tummy time grinwink

blibblobblub Sun 23-Aug-15 03:32:31

I've really noticed that having a decent breakfast makes such a difference. I think I'm a lot less likely to eat junk through the rest of the day if I have a solid healthy breakfast.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now