As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Breastfeeding advice...?

(3 Posts)
Cgow Tue 30-Jun-15 13:33:12

Not sure if in posting this in the right place but I have a lovely baby girl 4 weeks old and I'm currently breastfeeding with one formula bottle at night as she is a very hungry child and there comes a time In the day she will not leave my breast!
Now it's my birthday next week and my sister has offered to have baby for the night... I would like to enjoy a few glasses of wine after a long 10 months without One. I am aware you shouldn't breastfeed with alcohol being involved and I'm willing to sacrifice my birthday wine if necessary but is there a way I can enjoy a drink and not affect breastfeeding to much and if so any tips or advice.
Thanks x

MadAngryGnome Tue 30-Jun-15 22:59:42

Sorry not to be more help but you'll probably get some advice for this if you move it to the infant feeding section, lots of very knowledgable people around there smile

MadAngryGnome Tue 30-Jun-15 23:01:46

I use an app called Feed Safe where you can input how many units you are drinking and it tells you when your breastmilk will be free of alcohol.

Can you express beforehand so you have milk to give while you are celebrating?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now