As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Dry

(2 Posts)
purplebiro Thu 18-Jun-15 13:38:08

Normal delivery resulting in two grade two tears (one internal, one in labia) just under three weeks ago. I had a LOT of pain and swelling at first (which I was not prepared for at all) which has now more or less died down (although it's definitely not open for business down there yet, I can walk a decent distance and don't need pain killers most of the time) but I am feeling something a bit like vaginal dryness that I'm not sure what to do about. I've heard about women having issues when they start having sex again but I'm not up for that yet, just feels dry and uncomfortable all the time. Should I get a sex lube and use that or is there another product anyone would recommend?

Lonz Mon 22-Jun-15 23:19:43

Still early. I'm assuming that you are still bleeding? It'll need a bit longer for things to feel "right" there again, but will eventually. Like you said, it's not open for business. So get used to you first then think about that if it persists.
I felt totally different after having a baby, but I noticed I gradually saw myself coming back after 6 weeks+
I think pelvic floors help with this issue? I think I read somewhere..? Don't quote me, ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now