As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

4 month old won't breast feed in the day

(4 Posts)
Marshmallow88 Tue 02-Jun-15 00:19:15

Hi,
I'm new to this but could really do with some advice. My baby is 4 months old and has been breastfed from birth (with the old formula feed very rarely) but a few weeks ago he started to get fussy during the day when it was time to feed . He would take a couple of sucks and pull away crying. Now he will not feed in the day from me at all but Breastfeeds happily at night. I am trying so hard to not give up as I want to get him to 6 months bf but I'm getting pressure from family to move onto formula completely.
Iam so sad as I loved feeding him.
I haven't bf him at all today and waiting for him to wake up tonight. Wil my milk production be ruined now?
Is there anything I can do to get him feeding from me again? I've tried dark rooms, expressing a bit first. He might be teething as he is dribbly and rosey cheeks but fine on a night. Any advice would be VERY welcome xxxx

Reefsmummy Wed 03-Jun-15 05:15:23

Don't give up! I've had pressure from MIL from day one to formula feed! Reed what's in the formula, that put me off! Keep expressing when he's not feeding to keep your milk supply up, and go and see a latch on group!

ishallnamehimsquishy Wed 03-Jun-15 05:26:28

These articles really helped me when I had one like that smile

kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/4mo-sleep/

kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/distractible-baby/

Just when you think you've got them figured out...

Newmummy1234 Tue 23-Jun-15 10:45:28

Thank you for this link. Describes my dd perfectly x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now