Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2006 - one year on!

(400 Posts)
sarahlou1uk Wed 15-Aug-07 18:31:59

new thread for all us 2006 girls!

melsy Wed 29-Aug-07 11:08:29

just come home from hospital again (sadwas only there 7weeks ago in same ward room with dd2), dd1 has a very acute UTI and on a drip & intrevenous anti biotics , been in A&E all night with her and up all Monday nigth too , my lovely mums come to relieve me so I can sleep a bit and go back for the night shift.

Please all send her healing wishes , as shes in a lot of pain, hoping shell stabilise by tommorrow.

sorry for spelling , Im wrecked sad.

Hope I can sleep a bit now , Im reeling and giddy.

oh my god mel hope she is ok

<<<<<<<<<<positive vibes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

olivo Wed 29-Aug-07 14:00:17

oh mels shock sending her healing thoughts,hope she gets better really soon. and you take care too.

Nbg Wed 29-Aug-07 14:15:27

Have sent you a text mels.

melsy Thu 30-Aug-07 14:48:25

Home at last , its been quite a time for lo. Ive not slept for 3 days now , I dont really know how Ive kept on , you just have to. Nights at hospital are so surreal , its that weird in and out sleep that bggers you up , as they did obs and meds for dd2 every 2 hrs all night. After 2 bags of rehydration drip and 4 lots of antibiotics intravenously shes much better than she was. Shes still on a cocktail of meds but phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww. As NBG mentioned she was booked in for a scan today, but they felt it wasn't necessary as her temp came down by this morning and wouldn't have done if their was a kidney problem (like pus in them sad[yuck]).

Its now my turn to drive back to the hospital in an hour for my own appt with breast clinic consultant, hopefully to be discharged.

oh my gawd what a week. I sooooo need some sleep and a little day to myself in a spa lol !!!!!

Ive got my birthday party planned for Sat , I hope were all ok to do it still ,weve spent a fortune on nibbles and drinks! If she was really really bad then I wouldnt have cared two hoots.

Hope everyone else is ok, can you believe the babas are getting to the year stage !!!

BigHotMama Fri 31-Aug-07 12:02:51

Oh Melsy thats awful news, hope she gets better real soon, it seems to be just one thing after another with you poor thing sad Keep us updated! And Happy Birhtday for Saturday too smile

((((Big hugs))) (((positive healing vibes)))

melsy Fri 31-Aug-07 19:30:00

awww thank you bhm , it has been quite a few months for us. Shes been up and down with her temp still and little tummy pains , but much mch better than shes was 72hrs ago. I was up during the night as her temp shot up again, but by morning she was ok. I think she prefers to be at home , but whenever she doesnt want her anti biotics I have to say shell have too go back sad. I soo hope they start working , as if the temp carries on I can see myself back there this weekend.

Thankfully dh let me sleep till later this mormning and my mil let me get back to bed this afternoon, but I feel all out of sorts and yuck.

am I mad to do my party ?????????????

sarahlou1uk Mon 03-Sep-07 18:09:24

Melsy - belated birthday greetings for saturday! It was my birthday last wednesday and I have been battling an enormous cold since then. Feeling really crap but luckily, no one else got it (yet!). Hope I get the chance to recover before any of the kids get it.
Back to school next week for Jack! Hooray!!!! smile He (and me) can't wait! Just another couple of years and Molly will be starting as well!

burstingbug Mon 03-Sep-07 18:32:33

Ooooh, just seen this new thread.
Sorry to hear about your mum passing and your dh leaving {{{hugs}}}
Mels, hope your DD's are back to full health.

Joe started walking a week and a half before his birthday. All crawling has ceased and its upright all the way grin. Still only 5 teeth atm. Still bf in the night and first thing when he wakes in the morning, other than that, I have managed to wean him off me and onto 4 btls of cows milk.
No sign of talking, the odd mumumum and makka pakka! Oh and he sings with the tittifers!!!

melsy, sending good vibes your way smile

happy birthday to birthday girls and babies.

we just had a quiet birthday for ds. he is walking everywhere now, unsteadily like a little drunk man.

burstingbug, i have also got him down to morning and night bf. he eats everything in between, including k'nex, sequins and lollypop sticks blush so far.

i am lazing about in bed a lot due to having a minor operation last week - a laparoscopic sterilisation. dh is off work looking after the dcs 'til thursday so i'm making the most of having an easy time.

oh, and just a warning to everyone - we keep dangerous stuff out of reach of ds but he still managed to scoop a load of dichwasher tablet into his mouth. he loves to unload hmm the dishwasher with me and i didn't realise that the tablet hadn't dissolved properly. before i knew it he had a load in his mouth and i think it's quite dangerous. luckily he's fine, but i still feel bad that he managed to get it.

olivo Sat 08-Sep-07 18:29:21

oooh, where are you all?
rattle, hope you are feeling better after your op.
melsy, hope dd is feeling better too.
survived the first week back at school and now enjoying the good weather. dd settled in really well to her new nursery and is becoming more mischievous by the minute. she hardly sleeps in the day now and so bedtime can be hard work. also she wakes up pretty early and we have got back into the habit of a 4.30 a.m feed, purely to get some more sleep sad
off out for a rare nigght out. will check in later. enjoy your weekend!

sarahlou1uk Mon 10-Sep-07 16:58:55

HI everyone. Jack now back at school (hooray!!!). He's a big boy now and goes all day on Mondays. He's absolutely loved it and really glad he's back. Hope everyone ok.

dreamydowler Tue 11-Sep-07 13:48:46

Hiya girls IVe been near to tears reading all that has happened in the last few months. Ive moved to a large 4 bedroom house and have at the moment no kitchen and am still living out of boxes. My daughters baby is due in 4 weeks and we are all doing well. Sophie-Jane is 1 this thursday and she is walking and chattering on. She is a lovely baby but very clingy since we moved. Im so looking forward to my grand daughter being born and am going to be at the birth. My daughter did really well in her as levels with a b in biology and three cs in french chemistry and theology We had a lovely baby shower for her at the weekend and its now just a race against time to get everywhere tidy before Kaitlyns arrival Funny I was doing just the same last year. Im glad everyone is well and wish all our lovely babies and their families a very happy and healthy second year xxxx

olivo Tue 11-Sep-07 17:09:13

great to hear from you, dreamy, and good luck to your dd and her new babe. what a fab thing for you to be at the birth too.

i am fed up after dd has been sent home from nursery poorly - nobody's fault, it's just i thought i might get through at least the first two weeks of term without having to take time off. luckily (or unluckily grin) its my day off tomorrow so i only have to take thurday off. she seems totally fine but has had several loose nappies so they had to call me.sad
have decided that one year on from having dd, i need to sort myself out and stop making excuses so have gone on diet -more a healthy eating spree!- and joined a gym. ten days in and not doing too badly!
oops! better go, someone is pestering for her tea grin

sarhlou, my dd has her first day at school nursery tomorrow. i can't relax and keep pacing up and down!

dreamy, having a grandchild is lovely. i'm going to attach a pic of my grandson, who is 6 weeks younger than my ds.

olivo, i thought all the schools would be closed on thursday for the air display. are the teachers supposed to go in anyway? have you looked at our local site? it is very sad and empty, lol.

i'm really pleased i got this operation done. i feel just the same as usual and no more contraception worries smile

olivo Wed 12-Sep-07 12:46:50

hi rattle! hope your dd's first day at school went well. glad to hear you're feeling well after your op. no school for kids but us teachers still have to go in on thursday although we finish at 1pm.
enjoying the sun today with dd - she doesnt seem ill at all which is good.
hope everyone else is well. where are you all?

dd had a really good start to school. she especially enjoys seeing the other children told off blush she helped tidy up and i think sees herself as a mini teacher, lol.

glad your dd is ok, olivo. i've heard there are throat infections as well as norwalks going around. are you sure you wouldn't like to be a tsarina too? the local site could do with more input grin

dreamydowler Sun 16-Sep-07 14:03:00

Hi there girlies
Sophie-Janes 1st birthday went really well and dd age 4 starts full time school on Tuesday yippee although I will miss her I suppose. My kitchen now has a sink and my father is as we speak cutting the worktops to fit. I will try to put some up to date photos of Sophie-jane on here for you all to see

Nbg Sun 16-Sep-07 14:09:30

Hi dreamy!!! grin
Lovely to see you back and great to hear your brood is doing well.

I now have 10 weeks left and baby is breech hmm (typical boy).
Got to see my MW next week and then see a consultant at 36 weeks to confirm babys position.
If he is still breech by then I will just ask for a section at 37 weeks and get it over and done with.
Bye bye home birth, hello theatre!

hi dreamy how is your eldest doing hope shes ok too??

noticed you've been mia for a while hope your well

BigHotMama Mon 17-Sep-07 21:24:53

Hi everyone! smile

Nice to see you back Dreamy, cant believe its only 4 wks for your dd's due date and NBG only 10wks to go? shock Woosh the time has flown? Hopefully your little man will turn soon so you can have your home birth you brave lady.wink

Well I aint come on AGAIN! Did a pg test and it said NOOOOOOOO! My periods are all over the place 6-8wks apart? Crazy or what?

Jackson has grown into such a fussy eater, stopped eating veg, potato and its stressing me out all he wants is fruit and yoghurt? Anyone else having any food issues?

Olivo, hope your dd is feeling better? I'm loving my voluntaryday at primary school, so much to learn though and the kids are fab, they say such cute things I want to munch 'em.

Hope everyone else is doing well x

hi ya on the period note

since ive been on my ad's im having a period every two weeks

not great since i fancy having another baby so god knows how i'll ever work my dates out if i do

BigHotMama Tue 18-Sep-07 13:19:47

Bloody heck Dressedup that sounds bit shitty? I havent had one now since mid July shock Just keep trying am sure you will catch soon wink

Me and my man are off out for few drinks and a nice indian meal tonight as its our 3rd wedding anniversary, cant wait, we've really pushed the boat out by ordering a taxi so we can both can have a drink. grin

snowboo Mon 24-Sep-07 21:18:04

Hi ladies, how are we all? I keep trying to find the time to hop on here but its so manic!

sarahlou1uk Tue 25-Sep-07 21:02:56

Hi everyone. Just got 5 mins to say hope you are all well. Melsy - hope you got the car sorted and that dh wasn't too mad! grin It can happen to anyone - it happened to an ex colleague of mine (police officer) who picked his new petrol car up and filled it with diesel. Cost him around £500 to have it collected by the dealership and drained! Luckily he hadn't started the engine otherwise it would have been more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now