Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those with a baby, can you talk me through your day

(10 Posts)
Neverpeelmushrooms Mon 10-Oct-16 20:54:28

How much you get done etc. Feel like I am failing at life...

All I seem to manage to achieve is taking care of baby, meals made, washing done, school runs and some very basic housework. 2 baby groups a week. House is a mess and I'm a bigger mess.

melibu84 Mon 10-Oct-16 20:58:15

What are you talking about, you're doing loads!

melibu84 Mon 10-Oct-16 21:00:06

I have a 3 month DS and aside from laundry, all I did was binge watch season 8 of charmed lol

MusicalChairsOh Mon 10-Oct-16 21:02:12

I have a 2.2yr old and an 8 month old. Manage to wash up and do laundry everyday along with cooking meals etc . Anything else is a bonus.

Amanda89x Mon 10-Oct-16 21:07:10

You're not a failure op. DD is 16 weeks old and I'm managing about the same. Only really get a chance to do extra if DH is about to watch her and I have enough energy to do it lol.

Neverpeelmushrooms Mon 10-Oct-16 21:15:36

See melibu I am doing a shit job as I am on the go constantly and have no time at all to watch TV. I feel like I must be making a meal of things as no one else seems to be so busy yet achieve so little confused

melibu84 Mon 10-Oct-16 21:20:05

Trust me, my place is a bit of a tip right now. You're doing a great job!

Neverpeelmushrooms Tue 11-Oct-16 11:19:46

Thanks for the kind words, I wish I felt like I was!

It's like I'm swimming against the tide, always busy but achieving nothing sad

IceCreamMonkey Wed 12-Oct-16 23:47:00

You are definitely not failing, be kind to yourself, you are doing loads (more than me!). My house is a tip, I never seem to get to the bottom of my laundry basket and I rely on my other half's help to batch cook meals at the weekend to use in the week. I think if the children are looked after, everyone is clothed and fed, anything else is a bonus!

Neverpeelmushrooms Thu 13-Oct-16 12:51:05

Thanks.
I think the elder dc are a bit neglected tbh, they just like to read, watch TV, or go on technology after school and it's easy to just let them on the days we don't have clubs. So maybe step one should be to dedicate a bit more time to them.

So to be kind to myself:

The school run takes up 2 hours of my day.

Older dc have activities 4x a week. 3 of which adults have to stay at. So that's another 4 hours approx a week gone.

The baby wakes continuously through the night so I am extremely sleep deprived and don't have much of an evening as I try to head to bed soon after the children to maximise my sleep opportunity.

I prepare and clear up from 2 meals a day for all 5 of us (packed lunches for dc and dp). Breakfast is just cereal and dp and dc help themselves but I feed the baby and load everyone's stuff into dishwasher.

I do shit loads of washing and drying and folding and bed making.

Baby is shit at sleep in the day as well as at night so I usually walk for 1-2 hours to get her to have a decent sleep. Or when I'm really knackered and cba then I will rock her then sit and hold her for her nap. So that's another 1-2 hours where I'm not doing anything else.

We have a big old falling apart house that generates dust and never looks done.

So I can see why I am busy, but I still look at what I've done each day and think 'is that really all I have done' confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now