Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period appears to be coming back 3 months postpartum :(

(4 Posts)
Chattycat78 Tue 13-Sep-16 18:20:36

Does this sound too soon? Am very surprised because:

1 - am breastfeeding although he does get 1 bottle per day around 11pm to give me a break. Other than that am feeding every 3 hours more or less. He does go for a decent stint sometimes during the night though - eg didn't wake til 4am this morning (so I didn't feed from 8pm-4am).
2. I'm mAinly surprised because last time I was feeding in the same way as i am now and my periods didn't come back for 8 months! I assumed the same (roughly) would happen this time! hmm

Any thoughts?

Pleasemrstweedie Tue 13-Sep-16 18:23:54

I was EBF day and night, but mine came back dead on four weeks, both times. Luck of the draw, I guess.

YokoUhOh Tue 13-Sep-16 18:24:26

I think it's the night feeds that keep supply up OP so if there's any interruption to feeding late evening/night, then your prolactin is lower and your periods return. Sorry sad

I didn't have periods until DS1 was 2 and a half - probably when he gave up night feeds. I had to stop completely to conceive DS2. I think I must be super sensitive to prolactin.

Chattycat78 Tue 13-Sep-16 19:22:01

Bummer. Thanks. Ironic as last time I wanted my periods to come back so I could ttc! Now I don't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now