Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2016 #2

(927 Posts)
Bluebell20 Fri 19-Aug-16 04:28:15

A new thread as we (hopefully) move towards longer sleeps and lovely little smiles!

beckslovestimmy Fri 19-Aug-16 05:23:59

Marking my place.

socktastic Fri 19-Aug-16 05:56:27

Me too!

AnnaT45 Fri 19-Aug-16 06:16:30

And me! Well done for starting blue

I'm bloody starving!

tams13 Fri 19-Aug-16 06:48:40

Thanks for setting this up bluebell.

primarynoodle Fri 19-Aug-16 07:04:54

anna that's pretty much my feeding schedule at night... I thought it was pretty good! Although tbf this is after a few weeks of hourly feeds through the night. Well done grace for getting into that so early!

sock poor little baby sad have you tried giving him a warm bath? May give him some relief? I hear buckets are effective!

blubell I may be wrong but I thought bio nursing was where they lie vertical to your body, tummy to tummy and laid back nursing was just cradle hold but then you lie back so you and baby are more horizontal if that makes sense? But the vertical thing just doesn't work when they can't lift their heads up!

Thanks for the new thread! Can't believe we are already there shockshock definitely time for a photo update of all our little bundles!

Here's Annie - 6 weeks 4 days today

socktastic Fri 19-Aug-16 07:16:19

Adam looking slightly excited. 8 weeks today!

socktastic Fri 19-Aug-16 07:19:05

Annie looks so happy and peaceful primary. Great idea, will get the tummy tub out. Fingers crossed he doesn't poo in it again!!

Flossiesmummy Fri 19-Aug-16 08:25:22

Hello! Rose is happy this morning. So am I as she's stopped spitting up after a feed which means I can nurse lying down at night and then go straight back to sleep. Win.

socktastic Fri 19-Aug-16 08:38:20

Rose has an amazing head of hair flossie what a beauty! Well done her for stopping the spitting up, I'll bet it's a big relief for you too.

SpeakNoWords Fri 19-Aug-16 08:49:20

Place marking on the new thread...

Here's Corin at 8 weeks 5 days old. He had his 6-8 week check yesterday, and is now 9lbs 11oz which means he has put on 1lb 2oz in just under 2 weeks! I find the amount of weight they can put on to be amazing!

He also had his first vaccinations - 3 injections and an oral one as well. Poor thing! He was very cross about the injections but calmed down fairly quickly and seems to have no lasting effects.

AnnaT45 Fri 19-Aug-16 09:02:50

sock gave tried bicycle legs? You just move the legs up and down one at a time as if they're riding a bike. That can help things move, or a warm bath often helps I think. It's horrible when they're in pain like that.

primary it's not like that every night! It only was as she cluster feed from 2-11! Normally she feeds constantly from 3a.m-8. Just in time for DH to go to work and leave me with DD1!

Look at all the gorgeous babies! Can't believe how quickly they're changing already. This was Grace yesterday morning

Quick question-what vaccinations are these? I've not had an appointment through. Do I have to make it?
I remember with ds they were all arranged.

bluebell I was expressing round the clock with ds. It was so hard. I would never tell you what to do but I know that once I switched to formula with him around 8 weeks it did get easier. I kind of decided that me spending quality time with him was the most important thing.

For all those dealing with twatty partners I really feel for you. When all this is going on the last thing you need is to be wondering when they turned into massive selfish pricks. I categorically told dp that he was banned from moaning to me about tiredness etc. When he has done I have brought it up in front of friends so they can rant at him. He has been a zillion times better. My ex dp was absolutely shocking and looking back I can't believe how much I let him get away with.

I was talking about it to my mum the other day, and she said it was probably less stressful back in the day when women had no expectation of men helping. My dad did fuck all during newborn stage, but mum never thought he would. Totally not saying this is right-just that men seemed to have on the whole struggled to adapt to the whole juggling work/parenting thing. Women are now financially contributing to the household whilst managing everything else as well. Dp is great on house tasks, but feels the need to tell me what he's done. I just told him he medal is in the post.

Gorgeous babies girls! Loving all that dark hair.
Hallie is now 6 weeks today.

sundaysunday Fri 19-Aug-16 09:15:53

Argh, typed a nice long message but a brief power cut knocked the router out so lost it all angry

Thanks for the new thread bluebell. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing Elliott's first proper smiles! 3 weeks 4 days now, so one of the youngest July thread babies I think? Can't believe some of you are at 8 week jab stage already and your babies already look like proper little people!

Sock I was told by midwife and children's nurse that you can give 1 Oz cooled boiled water to ease constipation. Worth knowing in case he doesn't get things moving himself.

I'm not sure breast shells would work for me primary as I don't get leakage really. I was only expressing to get my practically non existent supply kick started and I think I've given it long enough to know my milk isn't coming.

Hope for a better day for everyone with clingy crying babies today, me included!

SpeakNoWords Fri 19-Aug-16 09:45:30

Indians the vaccinations are the first lot on the list in your red book, the 8 week ones. It includes whooping cough and Men B vaccines as well as several others. I don't know if it works the same everywhere, but once I registered Corin with the GP, I got a letter through the post with an appointment. After this first set of vaccinations it then is up to me to book the next ones at 12 weeks, and then 16 weeks etc. If you're not sure I would ring your GP and ask as they should be able to explain how it works in your area.

Thanks speak I will do.

flossie do you think Rose will have dark eyes? They look like the blue is already changing in the picture. Ds has brown eyes like me but I think Hallie will have blue. I selfishly wanted her to have my eyes, but at the moment she is a dead ringer for dp.

Also could do with some help-what colour do you think Hallie's hair is? It's white blonde underneath but reddish at the ends and sides. Does this make it strawberry blonde? This pic prob shows it at its best.

Rubytuesday2980 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:44:34

Yay, Friday cuteness all round, that's cheered up my tired eyes smile

Here's Huey at 5 weeks and 6 days, looks like he's caught the snoozing all day bug today.

Rubytuesday2980 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:46:17

Indians I think strawberry blonde - we have the same conversation!

primarynoodle Fri 19-Aug-16 11:20:31

Deffo strawberry blonde indians. I taught a stunning little thing with long strawberry blonde hair last year, I spent all year stroking her hair telling her how jealous I was! She wrote my 'leaving for maternity' card in orange gel pen as a tribute to her hair gringrin

Loving these baby photos, Huey's outfit is particularly awesome I must say!

This weather is crap, don't know what to do on rainy days with no money.. Spent all morning on Pinterest! Throwback to pre-baby days, although now I won't be able to actually do any of these lovely crafty pins hmm I need the sun back!

socktastic Fri 19-Aug-16 11:59:14

Thank god, we have had a poosplosion. All back to normal now!

indians I'm going for strawberry blond too! I'm always jealous of Hallie's amazing head of hair! It's just amazing!

primary I miss Pinterest too. Should have a day where the blokes look after the babies and we can do craft! I made all the thank you cards during my maternity leave and I didn't make enough. Now having to send out bought cards instead of my own originals. I suppose making our Christmas cards is out the window now too?

We've got our injections today too. sad

Rubytuesday2980 Fri 19-Aug-16 12:06:27

Tell me about it... Weather is rubbish here too and we've run out of biscuits. Sad times.

Obviously getting on with the housework and not wasting time while the boy sleeps

Bluebell20 Fri 19-Aug-16 15:19:35

Such cute babes!

Indians I don't know... If DH wasn't cooking and cleaning then I would be existing purely on dry crackers and we would be knee deep in unwashed plates by now!

I took a photo of the latch on the worst boob just now. It didn't cause me pain as such but it felt pinchy and I think his mouth looked too small. Would anyone be willing to look at it for me if I DM them? I would post it here but don't really want my boob on the internetz!

Feeling sick with tiredness now ladies. Just managed a 40 minute nap but that was all. Oh for two hours of sleep in a row. It's been nearly 2 days since that happened...

primarynoodle Fri 19-Aug-16 15:59:26

Bluebell I don't mind. Just as an aside I really don't think Annie latches 'correctly' she almost always has a fairly small mouth and I often have lipstick nips after but it's totally pain free and she's gaining weight like a trooper. I think for now you should maybe prioritise pain free feeding and keep an eye on weight rather than striving for a textbook latch? That's the a approach I'm taking.

Poor you and your lack of sleep sad sending hugs and sleepy baby vibes!

I don't mind either bluebell although no expert. I can't remember-did you check for tongue tie? It totally changed Hallie's latch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now