Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby-friendly Maternity Leave Activities FOR MUM

(6 Posts)
TheresALight Thu 04-Aug-16 11:54:31

Other than yoga / buggy excercise classes (I'm still not ready for exercise part c-section) and baby cinema screenings (which seem to be on hold in my area until after the summer holidays) has anyone got any ideas or recommendations for activities or days out where the baby accompanies their mum rather than the other way around?

There are tonnes of baby activity classes but getting us both up, dressed, fed and packed up to leave the house is such a chore that it would be nice to know that we were going out for something I washed to do, rather than something that is geared towards the baby but she will probably end up sleeping through anyway!

TheresALight Thu 04-Aug-16 11:55:22

That last sentence should say 'wanted', nor 'washed'!

rebeccahazel Thu 04-Aug-16 12:02:59

Are you breastfeeding? There might be a local breastfeeding group, my local one has been an absolute lifeline, one of the things I actively look forward each week for the chat and laughter and tea and cake!

pestov Thu 04-Aug-16 12:06:05

Does it need to be a group activity? Did lots of nice days out to gardens and museums (not in hols though!) which babies ignored. How old makes a difference though

pestov Thu 04-Aug-16 12:07:55

Oh and comedy shows! Been to a couple of daytime parent friendly shows which were a nice change. Think it was called screaming with laughter.

TheresALight Thu 04-Aug-16 12:11:59

I'm not breastfeeding but thanks for the suggestion.
Comedy shows sound great, I'll find out of there's anything in my area! We've been out walking too but sometimes I feel like going out for a walk is just passing time and I want to 'do' something, iyswim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now