Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2014: Newborn snuggles while we await our comrades from the Drop Zone!

(365 Posts)

The Maybies are on the move to Postnatal! This is for graduated Maybies (and other baybies due in May but with other ideas; the almost-Maybies!) to discuss adventures in sleepless nights, nappies and lovely newborn snuggles. However you feed, however you nappy, however you give birth and however you like your tea - if your baby was born in May (or was supposed to be!), this is the post-natal club for you!

Chip86 Thu 04-Sep-14 00:31:02

Just poping in to say hi to all the non FB maybies how are you all doing? As you can see by the time I am wrighting this, still not getting baby off to sleep very early x

Squiffie Wed 03-Sep-14 23:01:42

Hello! Just marking my place so I can come back tomorrow. X

Hope all the non-FB maybies are doing well! smile

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 03-Sep-14 22:04:02

Checking in :-)

Jellymum1 Wed 03-Sep-14 21:48:05

hi all the maybies thread is quite dead is that because we're all on facebook? how about the non facebook babies how are they all.

mrsmummytobe Sun 24-Aug-14 19:30:44

Just did a search for this thread. Nice to hear how the non-fb maybies are doing! �� Hope you're all enjoying motherhood.

ohdearitshappeningtome Wed 06-Aug-14 08:33:48

Hey maybies! How we doing

dobedobedo Tue 29-Jul-14 21:20:02

Moo that sounds just horrendous! Are you in a lot of pain? You're a frigging hero for ebf with all that parlarva.

Pm your fb details to one of us and we'll add you.

Hezbean Tue 29-Jul-14 20:20:44

I can't pm you for some reason - can't click on your name. Try pm ing me with your fb details and I'll add you!

Hezbean Tue 29-Jul-14 20:19:17

We miss you moo! Sounds like you've really been through it! Well done for sticking with it! Will pm you x

ClearlyMoo Tue 29-Jul-14 03:52:09

Hello everyone!!

I really should've paid more attention how to join FB group!

Anyway me and baby B are on the mend after a difficult 5 weeks.

Once her tongue tie was snipped the second time things started to improve. Then I got mastitis. It would not shift and it turned out I had a "large lactational breast abscess"!

After three needle draining attempts I was referred for surgery under general, whilst I waited for that (in a waiting room!) it burst and so they fixed it under local. That was three weeks ago. Since then I've had dressings changed daily because the wound needs to be kept open. I have a hole you could stick a bic biro in in my boob!!

We are still breast feeding and as of today she is exclusively breast fed!!

It's taken two months of top ups abd a month of top up reduction, but I think we are almost there!!

If anyone is able to pm me about Facebook group I'd like to join! I miss you all!

dobedobedo Sun 27-Jul-14 21:03:46

Just did a search for this thread... Nanny, how you doing? Any chance you wanna join fb? smile
I'm very glad to be past the painful and confusing newborn stage and on to the equally confusing chubby baby stage! I've been managed to sleep for longer than 3 hours a couple of times! grin

PotatoPolly Sun 13-Jul-14 10:13:45

Checking back in, lovely to hear about the non fb Maybies smile

NannyPlumForPM Sat 12-Jul-14 22:54:22

I really feel for u randdom- my first was like that... Never settled on her own and only ever slept 3 hours at a time until she was 3! I deserved this for a second baby ;)

ohdearitshappeningtome Fri 11-Jul-14 10:16:18

Mini me is 12 weeks and takes 6oz every 3/4 hours! Awake all day and sleeps 7-5/7 has a bottle then down until 830 /9! He's a content baby most of the time but ppl tell me he's fat

randdom Fri 11-Jul-14 08:56:13

I wish Isaac would sleep that well. I was up from 2-5 with him last night and then he woke up again at 7 and is still up now sad

NannyPlumForPM Fri 11-Jul-14 00:56:19

Very well very well!! When I put oneborn I meant you ohdear haha - still got a touch of the baby brains I think. She's a chunky girl -
On 210ml bottles of hungry baby milk now! Little porker smile sleeps from 7 until 5 though, has a bottle then sleeps until about 8:30 when the big one wakes her up so quite a quiet life really!! How about you and your little one?

ohdearitshappeningtome Thu 10-Jul-14 21:10:17

How are you nanny ?

NannyPlumForPM Thu 10-Jul-14 15:52:30

Still here smile still thinking of you all and hoping your babies are as snuggly buggly as mine. Almost out of the casts now- I can't wait! She giggles away most mornings and life is just a lot better since she arrived! Thinking of moomin- oneborn, dobedobedo, cbeebies, moas, randdom, bushprincess- gosh there's just too many of you! And I hope the pfb is doing well too smile

ohdearitshappeningtome Tue 08-Jul-14 21:37:05

How is everyone

Hope everyone's well and all our non-FBers are enjoying motherhood!

moas Sat 28-Jun-14 18:45:42

Well done, randdom and baby!

kj21 DS1 had reflux due to another medical condition. He was on Gaviscon, Ranitidine, Omeprazole and Carobel (thickener). We never tried sma stay down, fantastic if it does the trick for your wee one! We had baby's bed slightly tilted, try a foam wedge under the cot mattress.

kj21 Sat 28-Jun-14 16:56:45

this is my first post and I am looking for advice from other new mums. my dd is 5 weeks old and has been suffering from reflux. she's on sma gold and has been prescribed gaviscon which hasn't really worked. I've just got some sma stay down to try and I've noticed a difference after only one bottle. i wondered if anyone has had this on prescription.

randdom Sat 28-Jun-14 00:29:37

Made it there and back without him waking up! Feeling much happier now that first journey is done smile

moobaloo Fri 27-Jun-14 18:41:57

Good luck random! Hope it went well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now